Skills: Structural Engineering
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Graduate Structural Engineer
WorleyParsons delivers projects, provides expertise in engineering, procurement and construction and offers a wide range of consulting and advisory services for our customers. As a global company, originating in Australia we employ over 25,000 personnel across 42 countries.
As a WorleyParsons Graduate you will join the Integrated Solutions business, based in Aberdeen, which delivers maintenance, modification, operations, engineering, fabrication, construction, hook-up and commissioning in support of greenfield and brownfield assets globally.
WorleyParsons recognises the importance of continual development, therefore you will join a four year structured programme, designed to provide you with the knowledge, skills and experience required as a Graduate Engineer. You will join the Structural Engineering Team, which provides concept, FEED and detailed design services for onshore and offshore oil and gas facilities to provide an inherently safe, economical and sustainable solution that meets client demands. In onshore applications, this typically includes large scale refineries and gas terminals and in offshore environments, it involves topsides structural systems such as fixed jacket structures, semi-submersible and other floating platforms. Discipline functions range from intelligent modelling, analysis and design of structural systems based in harsh environments through to weight control and engineering.
Throughout the development programme you will become competent in the following
- Achieve safety standards as defined in personal performance contract
- Responsible for assessing effectiveness of working practices and systems with a view to continuously improving systems, personal and team performance.
- Carry out work in accordance with WorleyParsons and project Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality systems.
- Maintain the required technical quality of work.
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant procedures and regulations.
- Ensure, as far as practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with agreed budget and schedule.
- Keep up to date with technical developments, National and International standards and legislative requirements related to the structural discipline scope.
- Carry out site/offshore surveys as required
- Essential - BEng Honours in an appropriate Engineering subject
- Desirable - MEng in an appropriate Engineering subject
Experience and Personal qualities, aptitudes and skills:
- Relevant previous work, summer placement or year in industry experience is desirable
- Competent in the use of appropriate codes of practice, industry standards and relevant sections of statutory provisions
- Competent in the application of design and assessment methods and software used within the Structural Discipline
- Competent in application of analytical methods used within the discipline including sound theoretical knowledge and understanding
- Competent in quality control requirements and quality assurance for engineering work
- Competent in design safety/environmental requirements, procedures and responsibilities
- Demonstrate clear written / spoken communication with senior personnel and client personnel at a discipline level
- Demonstrate good presentation skills
- Highly motivated with an innovative and analytical mind
- Commitment to involvement in industry / educational / STEM seminars and activities
- Determination to achieve Chartered Engineer status
About WorleyParsons: WorleyParsons delivers projects, provides expertise in engineering, procurement and construction and offers a wide range of consulting and advisory services. We cover the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets, in the hydrocarbons, mineral, metals, chemicals and infrastructure sectors. Our resources and energy are focused on responding to and meeting the needs of our customers over the long term and thereby creating value for our shareholders. WorleyParsons is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX:WOR).