Skills: Electrical Technician
Other Skills: Electronic Technician, ET, Drillship
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Rotational Salaried Employee
Location: South Africa
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
JOB TITLE: Electronic Technician
REPORTING TO: Technical Section Leader / Senior Electronic Technician
RIG TYPE: Drillship
1.1 ROLE SUMMARY
Responsible for operating, maintaining and repairing electronic equipment and systems.
- Compliance with the client Code of Conduct.
- Compliance with applicable internal and external governing requirements.
- That any operations do not exceed the limitations of the unit or its equipment.
- Daily detailed planning is conducted for all upcoming operations.
- Good and clear communications with all involved parties.
- That technical related certification at all times is valid and available onboard.
- Compliance with client training, certification and competence requirements.
- That all relevant personnel are adequately trained in handling emergencies.
- That all emergency equipment is in good condition and configured as required.
- Non-compliances are promptly acted on and reported to the direct supervisor.
- Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required are performed.
- Compliance with the standard for tidiness and cleanness.
- Assume the safety role as per station bill and emergency preparedness plan.
- Meeting activities in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required.
1.3 JOB SPECIFIC
- Safe and efficient execution of maintenance and repair activities.
- All drills and checks are conducted as required.
- All applicable reports and logs as required by direct supervisor are maintained.
1.4 EQUIPMENT & SYSTEMS
- Operational preparedness of all safety and emergency equipment
- Ensuring that all relevant equipment is maintained and maintenance is recorded
- Maintaining sufficient stock of spare parts and materials as required
As per Corporate and Regional specific Delegation of Authority matrices.
2.0 REGIONAL REQUIREMENTS
This section describes requirements deemed necessary for this position in the respective region and are considered as additions to the requirements outlined in Section 1.
The requirements in Section 1 are to be considered minimum corporate requirements and deviations from same are to be handled in accordance to the Directive for Handling of non-conformities.