Purpose & Accountabilities:
- Design, specify, deploy, and sustain Real Time Optimization systems (e.g. ROMeo)- Design, specify, deploy, and sustain asset monitoring systems, Interface RTOs with Advanced Process Control (APC) and base layer control. Provide troubleshooting, and technical support for modelling and Real Time Optimization (RTO) systems.
- Deliver Control and Operability Studies using Dynamic Simulation Tools like DYNSIM and UniSim Design.
- Provide technical support, end-user consulting, trouble-shooting and training as required to maximize value of the deployed Tools/Methods, and Shell-licensed 3rd Party Process Engineering technical software.
- Provide engineering domain expertise, consulting and leadership for the Process Engineering Software Products portfolio in Chemicals and/or Refining Process Models. Responsible for defining
- product requirements, documenting use/test cases and providing support & consultation on Process Models used in process Flowsheeters and other applications.
Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programme, which sees our employees thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India's energy sector alone in socially and environmentally responsible ways. It is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India. The Shell Technology Centre Bangalore, STCB, is one of the three global hubs for technology in the Projects & Technology business of Royal Dutch Shell. In addition, we supply crude, chemicals and technology to public and private sector oil companies, and our Chennai Business Centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell globally.Requirements
10+ years of direct professional experience delivering or supporting Process Engineering or Process Modelling and Optimization.
The applicant should preferably have BS or higher degree in Chemical Engineering. The applicant is expected to have a sound background in engineering, as well as significant knowledge in the fields of process technology, transport phenomena, mathematics, simulation, and technical computing.
This position requires skills in one or more of the following areas:
1. Process engineering - Sound understanding of unit operations, e.g. distillation, compressors, heat exchangers, fired heaters and reactors.
2. Process modelling - Ability to translate process engineering knowledge into appropriately-detailed models using commercial flow sheet simulation software (steady-state as well as dynamic). Balances level of detail vs. robustness and solution speed. Formulation, solution, validation, and analysis of constrained data reconciliation and economic optimization problems. Knowledge of equation-based modelling techniques is a plus.
3. Process control - Sound understanding of base layer and advanced process control and the impact of control system structure and status on the behaviour of process units.
4. Proven record of delivering process engineering technical services and support to end-users. Understanding of technical software development, from concept through requirements setting, design and build phases.
5. Proficiency in Steady-State modelling and Real-Time Optimization using one or more of PRO/II, Aspen Engineering Suite, Unisim Design, ROMeo / ARPM Technology.
6. Proficiency in Dynamic modelling using UniSim Design and/or DYNSIMDisclaimer
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.