The Operations Support Center Operator will serve as a member of the team that mans the OSC 24/7. They will be the Focal Point for operations and security related issues, but not limited to them. The operator will act as the initial response team for the company (Oil spill, CEP, fire, first aid, etc.). The OSC operators are the primary Situational Awareness and Communications architecture for the company.
- Work in shifts and as required to serve as principal point-of-contact for OSC 24/7 operations.
- Mastery of the various IT systems that make up the OSC capabilities.
- Respond and provide assistance to all calls from company' facilities, employees, contractors and others during routine and emergency situations.
- Provide initial reports and follow-on updating of incidents (drilling, security, medical, etc).
- Generate and distribute various reports to relevant recipients.
- Manage online updated listing of onshore and offshore site locations, POB's, expats family members and guests, company visitors and guests.
- Maintain log of contractors, site locations, details of workers, duration of stay, contacts and supervisors for accountability purposes.
- Conduct daily communication tests with vessels, onshore and offshore sites.
- Monitor the media regarding security, national and international issues.
- Video and alarm monitoring of the office and other installations as required
- Journey management
- Participate in drills (internal, operational, organizational).
- Secure company offices during off hours.
- Assist with airport security escorts.
- In addition to established procedures and practices, responsible for identifying gaps and improvement opportunities and recommending solutions that improve the way in which the business operates, or financially handles its business.
Required Education and Experience:
- Typically requires High School Diploma (or equivalent) + 2 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in command centers.
- Excellent English speaker - speech, writing and reading.
- Computer application skills.
- Team skills.
- Normal office environment
- 24/7 shifts (8 hours per shift)
- Onshore and Offshore visits from time to time.
- Must be available nights, weekends and holidays.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.