Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Technical Manager
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Job Title: Product and New Build Manager
Job Location: Americas
This Job Description is not to be considered exhaustive. You may be expected to contribute to other activities out with the scope of this Job Description.
1.0 Job Purpose
The primary role of The Product and New Build Manager will lead the evolution, conceptualization, planning, and requirements gathering process driving the execution of strategic applications at EnerMech. As a Product and New Build Manager , you will work closely with the Product Line Managers, Stakeholders, Subject Matter Experts, Agile Development Teams, and other Managers to execute critical and strategic objectives for the company by bringing new and maturing existing capabilities for our customers. JOB DIMENSIONS: (For Management & Supervisory positions)
Directly Reports to:
Close working relationships with:
Commissioning and Construction Managers
Project Supervisors and Technicians
3.0 Main Responsibilities & Key Result Areas
- Lead the brainstorming and documentation of product requirements.
- Collaborate with Product Line Managers (PLM) and design team to translate strategic roadmaps and features into executable requirements, measurable success criteria, and help define the user experience.
- Build highly transparent and clear product roadmaps for the organization.
- Work with other members of the team to synthesize business and cross-functional product needs and shape our enterprise roadmap.
- Effectively communicate and act as bridge between business, technology, and the user experience.
- Work with business leaders to generate ideas and create an environment of active collaboration.
- Work with other Technical Business Analyst and program team to define enterprise release goals that map to business and technology objectives and plan features and projects; work with your Agile Team to plan each release to meet product and project-specific goals.
- Build product backlogs based on deep understanding of value and ROI, prioritize and groom the backlog, build a well-defined release plan.
- Leverage your scrum team to breakdown features into valuable stories while guiding them to understand the value.
- Prioritize and plan enhancements and defects to support your product.
- Serve as a key member and collaborative leader of your cross-functional Agile Team to plan, develop, and deliver working software.
- Participate in all ceremonies (iteration planning, retrospectives, daily stand-ups, etc.) and accept completed work.
- Be a subject matter expert for your product suite and/or product project, including its features and functionality, user experience, and connections to other parts of the business.
- Grow knowledge of our product portfolio and infuse that into our product development.
4.0 Individual Quality, Health, Safety & Environmental Responsibilities
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Health, Safety, and the Environment
- Apply EnerMech Group and where appropriate Client's Health, Safety & Environment Policies and Procedures
- Ensure that all Quality and operational procedures as identified in EnerMech QA Manuals are adhered to at all times.
- Maintain and embrace ownership of departmental policies and procedures
- Basic secondary education.
- Engineering related Bachelor's Degree or College Diploma.
6.0 Experience, Competence, Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent experience required.
- Experience in an analyst, project, or engineering leadership role.
- Proven experience with multiple full product lifecycles, from concept to delivery.
- Strong knowledge of technology, design, and user experience preferred.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required in tactfully communicating with the business, leading meetings, presenting to groups, and writing detailed reports.
- Organized, detail-oriented.
- Strategic thinking skills; ability to see the big picture while maintaining focus on daily details.
- Ability to problem-solve both independently and in team settings, as well as, to develop creative solutions to problems.
- Proactive mindset with desire to take initiative to improve products and processes, proactively communicate with teams, follow up on issues, and bring projects to a closure.
- Commercial experience in terms of assisting the preparation of a Tender.
- Negotiating with customers to maximize EBITDA
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2-5 years of experience in a product-focused capacity
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Experience gathering and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data to make recommendations using a range of tools, such as Google Analytics, SQL, customer feedback surveys, etc.
- Experience of working in an onshore / offshore oil and gas market
7.0 Personal Qualities
Required for position:
- Strong personal leadership.
- Flexible attitude to working hours and shift patterns in order to get the job done.
- Personal integrity that can be a role model for all other members of staff.
Signed on Behalf of EnerMech Limited by:
I hereby acknowledge my acceptance and understanding of the contents of this Job Description.
Employee Name (Printed)
Employee Name (Signed)