Skills: Logistics Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Logistics Coordinator for a permanent position, located in North Aberdeenshire.
Overseeing all logistical actives of. Ensuring the business is supported and capable of providing competitive options to clients around the globe.
- Support the business with all freight forwarding movements locally and internationally
- Close support to sales and proposal teams to ensure all quotes are valid and as accurate as possible
- Achieve cost savings for the business by managing close partnerships with freight forwarders and hauliers
- Help to plan and coordinate drivers on local pick-ups and deliveries
- Prepare shipping documentation for packing list, COO, Commercial invoice etc
- Prepare documentation for mobilisation and demobilisations
- Ensure compliance and check regulations within the logistical network
- Ensure that all required certification is in place as required
- Ensure all relevant paperwork is completed in a timely manner
- Support out of office as required
- Demonstrate personal commitment to effectively managing HSE issues
- Promote awareness and acceptance of the importance of controlling HSE issues
- Contribute to risk and impact assessments completion and review
- Supervise employees appropriately and ensure standards are maintained
- Take appropriate remedial action in response to immediate potential risks and impacts
- Take immediate action to correct any violation of HSE standards or rules
- Report accidents, incidents and near misses
- Check, revise and validate documentation
- Ensure electronic & hard copy documentation is stored effectively and concisely.
- Ensure the efficient use of departmental resources.
- To ensure the efficient use of your own working time to achieve company targets
- To maintain good timekeeping at all times
- Track record of interaction with freight forwarders is essential
- Knowledge and understanding of incoterms is essential
- Understanding of export and import procedures and their requirements is essential
- Confidence and capability to negotiate is essential
- Excellent organisational /communication/time management skills
- Effective team player, ability to coach, mentor and engage employees
- Driving license required
- Valid DG certification would be beneficial but not essential
- IT Skills: MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, MS Project