The Shell Downstream supply chain operated by Trading and Supply is one of the largest in the world and we operate some 150 distribution facilities, more than 1600 storage tanks and obtain products from about 500 outside supply points globally. Our global fleet of 3000 Shell owned or contracted trucks travels around 1.1 million kilometers every day and we move products through Europe, the US, Asia and other parts of the world.
Within T&S China, this broadcasted position, reporting to the Senior T&S HSSE Advisor China, plays a key role in Trading and Supply HSSE for the country. This role sits in the T&S HSSE organization and offers broad operational exposure in Depot operations, Road Transport Safety, Maritime activities, and Supply Operations. Key areas of focus for the role will be in behavioral safety, process and personal safety.
Provide functional Health, Safety, Security and Environment support to T&S China to implement HSSE procedures/standards, drive improvement in HSSE performance and provide independent assurance to ensure compliance of Group HSSE standards and applicable HSSE regulatory requirements.
- Supports the Regional HSSE Manager - T&S East and T&S Senior HSSE Advisor in China HSSE activities.
- Assist within T&S East for certain regional initiatives.
- Provide HSSE field support to local operations to ensure HSSE compliance of applicable HSSE-Social Performance Control Framework requirements, Group/DS standards, and HSSE regulatory requirements.
- Work with T&S team to drive compliance to Process Safety and Process Safety Fundamentals (Manage of Change, Permit to Work, Risk Assessment etc) with all T&S Facilities in China.
- Assist the operations to develop all HSSE related documents (Emergency Response, Work Instruction etc) and procedures aligned with overall T&S & Group HSSE strategy (Goal Zero).
- Support and ensure all significant or high potential incidents are investigated and that learning is shared appropriately and agreed Remedial Actions are closed out in a qualitative and timely manner.
- Facilitate or support Health Risk Assessment, and Risk Assessment bowtie analysis.
- Assist line in arranging relevant HSSE training to bridge the competence gaps of their staff.
- HSSE-MS compliance follow-up with contractors. Improve Contract HSSE Plan & drive best-practice in BPRs
- Promote the identification and sharing of best practice locally and across regions/globally including learning from incidents.
- Ensure timely and accurate HSSE reporting as per Group & T&S reporting guidelines.
- Supports Commercial fuels and other T&S Products functions within China
- Represents T&S in inter-business HSSE Fora and external Safety engagements
- Supports Project Development with direct HSSE support in the front end and implementation phases following the Opportunity_Delivery_Manual process
- Develop strong working relationship with Engineering Team for T&S Facility project in China, ensuring proper HSSE support is provided with objectives to complete project safely.
- Strongly Field HSSE support on Depot Preparation and Commissioning.
- Engagement with Local Authorities, coordinate and accompany with their site visit & Inspection, follow up the findings and feedback. Develop and submit all HSSE related documents to Local Authorities when they required.
- Support RT Manager and MTA on Road Transportation Operation and Marine Safety.
- Support rollout of the new Outside Supply point improvement initiative in China.
- Work together with the Depot Management Team to review key indicators periodically and provide HSSE support to improve HSSE performance for T&S Operations and Products in China.
Shell's story in China dates back more than 100 years. At Shell China we will make sure that your ideas will travel. All of Shell's core businesses are now represented in China. We need world-class candidates to continue our drive to innovate and answer the world's energy needs in socially and environmentally responsible ways.Requirements
- BS in major engineering or safety discipline.
- Be familiar with China Dangerous Goods legislation both on Land/Marine transportation and operation.
- Obtain China National Certified Safety Engineer Certificate would be beneficial.
- Prior Supply and/or Distribution Operations experience and/or Road Transportation Safety experience would be beneficial.
- The ability to lead and influence internal and external stakeholders to achieve improved HSSE performance.
- Strong track record in leading and delivering through influence.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.