Skills: Barge Engineer
Other Skills: JU2000
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Rotational Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
JOB TITLE: Marine Section Leader
REPORTING TO: Offshore Installation Manager
RIG TYPE: Jack-up
1.1 ROLE SUMMARY
Act as a Deputy of the Offshore Installation Manager (OIM) and overall responsible for the safe and efficient execution of all marine activities.
- Compliance with applicable internal and external governing requirements.
- That any operations do not exceed the limitations of the unit or its equipment.
- Daily detailed planning is conducted for all upcoming operations.
- Good and clear communications with all involved parties
- That marine equipment certification at all times is valid and available onboard.
- Safe and efficient marine operations according to plan/program.
- Compliance with Client training, certification and competence requirements.
- That all relevant personnel are adequately trained in handling emergencies.
- That all emergency equipment is in good condition and configured as required.
- Non-compliances are promptly acted on and reported to the direct supervisor.
- Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required are performed.
- Compliance with the standard for tidiness and cleanness.
- Assume the safety role as per station bill and emergency preparedness plan.
1.2 JOB SPECIFIC
- Managing the marine department.
- Budgetary control of the department.
- All relevant governing documents are adhered to by direct reports.
- All relevant governing documents are revised as and when required.
- Stability and ballast operations are conducted according to requirements.
- That clear daily operational guidelines are provided to all direct reports.
- Visible leadership by spending time in the field and monitoring daily operations.
- Operational progress is reported to the Rig Manager and OIM as required.
- Required logbooks are maintained and updated as per requirements.
- Active participation in meeting activities.
- Subordinates are trained to fill higher positions.
- Other duties are performed as required and/or directed by his/her direct supervisor.
1.4 EQUIPMENT & SYSTEMS
- That the marine equipment is maintained and maintenance is recorded.
- Sufficient stock of marine equipment spare parts and materials is maintained.
- Equipment is prepared for future marine operations.
- IWCF Well Control Basic Level 2
- Offshore Survival
- Stability & Ballast Control
- Lifeboat Coxswain Training
- Firefighting Team Leader
- Fast Rescue Boat Training
- Management of Major Emergencies
- Confined Space
- Rescue at Height Training