Connected Energy (CE) is part of the New Energy strategic theme and positions Shell to capture the value created by the increasingly distributed nature of the electricity grid given the emergence of cost-competitive distributed and digitalized technologies with end customers increasingly empowered to make choices on energy.
The CE team is responsible for innovating, developing and delivering a portfolio of new products, services and business models to meet the energy needs (today and tomorrow) of customers in the Commercial and Industrial sectors.
The Senior Project Manager (PM) will manage the Connected Energy Projects from design through to operations and will be responsible to ensure a proper fit between energy solution and customer needs. The PM will work closely with Products and Project delivery Teams with CE and will be accountable for sourcing the required resources to deliver the initial portfolio of CE Projects to commercial operations. PM will also be in close collaboration with the CE Techno-Economic team, Energy Solutions Technical team, and Owners Engineer. Furthermore, the PM will be accountable for the assessment of technical and vendor performance of CE solutions from concept to operations to capture learning and create a portfolio of standardized project solutions/documents and processes.
This role reports into the CE Head of Business Development for the Philippines (currently Manager Power Business Development). The individual will support the wider CE APAC organization and help mature other initiatives and opportunities in South East Asia.Accountabilities:
- Project manage the CE projects from detailed design through to operations and ensure a proper fit between energy solution and customer needs.
- Bring a project through the internal decision gates on time and within budget.
- Source the required internal resources to deliver the CE projects to commercial operations
- Work effectively with Shell and Shell New Energies businesses and functions.
- Ensure that performance (including vendor KPIs) and projected performance from implemented CE solutions and those planned for implementation are tracked, aggregated and reported.
- PM will be responsible to transfer lessons learned from solution implementation into the on-going long-term CE project development strategies.
- CE is a theme with a significant amount of uncertainty within and outside of Shell. The opportunities of tomorrow are only now taking shape with no clear winners yet emerging. The PM will validate the pre-deployment performance prediction associated with specifically integrated energy design options such that post-implementation results of deployment can be clearly understood. Project performance prediction is a key component of the justification for investment and ranking.
Shell has been present in the Philippines since 1914 and today employs more than 3,000 people. Shell's diversity of operations in the Philippines attracts world-class graduates and experienced professionals alike. Our commitment to your career and learning is evidenced by our industry-leading career development programme and unrivalled access to a local and global pool of experts. Innovation is imbedded in our working culture, and you will benefit from our drive to help you succeed and unlock your potential. The Shell companies in the Philippines (SciP) include various companies operating in oil and gas exploration, production, oil refining, distribution and sales to consumers. Pilipinas Shell Petroleum Corporation (PSPC) refines, blends, transports and sells a wide range of high quality fuels, lubricants, liquefied petroleum gas, bitumen and other specialty oil-based products. It operates a 93-thousand barrels per day refinery, 22 oil depots across the country and over 970 retail stations nationwide.Requirements
- At least 5 years of solid track record in project management.
- Capability to assess the technical and HSSE performance of CE solutions from concept to operations.
- A technical understanding of the range of CE technologies which could contribute to solutions development such as Combined Heat Cooling & Power, Solar, Energy Storage (small and large scale), Distributed Energy Resource aggregation and management, etc. including relevant performance parameters.
- Familiarity with the Energy [power and thermal] market, the roles of various market players and an understanding of how particular policy incentives &/or tariff structures affect the viability of CE Projects.
- Familiarity with basic electricity tariff (and heat) analysis, as a significant component of the basis of a CE value proposition, is end-customer electricity (energy) bill savings.
- An understanding of emerging CE business models.
- Cross-business and cross-function collaboration experience.
- Demonstrated prior work with multiple disciplines preferred (technical, commercial, financial, legal, regulatory, external affairs)
- Strong internal and external network are relevant to new energy technology, CE business model assessment, and operations performance measurement and verification.
- Experience and knowledge in Shell HSSE and Electrical Engineering Design Standards is highly preferred
- Moderate travel, primarily within SEAsia.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.