- Monitors Contractors' compliance with contractual specifications, drawings, codes, government regulations, installation methods and general industry standards of workmanship.
- Construction Management overnight for Contractors activities on the M1, water intake and other infrastructure projects.
- Supports Jobsite Manager and Construction Superintendent day to day activities
- As needed fill in for Construction Superintendent, even weekends.
- Monitors and supports Contractors' compliance with the project safety program. To include but not limited to: LOTO, Fall Protection, Hot Works, Evacuation, Confined Space, etc.
- Monitors Contractors work schedules, planned activities, 3-week look-ahead plans and progress
- Monitors and audits, Contractors' installation methods, quantities installed vs. forecast, productivity and manpower. Suggests constructability where applicable.
- Recommends corrective actions where needed.
- Develops scopes of works packages as needed.
- Develops Service Requests as needed to obtain budgets to fund scopes of works packages
- Attend required Project meetings, in some cases lead the meeting and see that minutes are taken.
- Make written, daily, written reports as required.
- Develop positive working relationships with the contractor counterparts.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- 10+ years of Greenfield & Brownfield plant civil, structural, mechanical, piping, coating, insulations, electrical & instrumentation activities.
- Ability to process equipment of all types to include static and rotating.
- Major Projects experience as owners' representative is preferred but not required.
- Turnover, Plant Commissioning, and Operations experience helpful.
- Able and willing to work 50-60 hour weeks.
- Able to read and understand drawings specifications and apply industry codes and regulations.
- Team player; can work with little supervision
- Can use Microsoft Office and other computer programs as needed
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.