Skills: Field Service Tech
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Uses technical manuals, prints and specifications to get information to diagnose, order parts and repair equipment
- Uses computers, meters, scopes, and other instruments to test, calibrate and program equipment
- Troubleshoots and repairs:
- ¼ hp - 2,000 hp VFDs
- AC-PWM inverters
- DC-SCR drives
- General industrial electronics
- Power generation controls
- Rig automation controls
- Completes service reports and other documentation as required by the Company
- Performs all necessary safety checks on equipment prior to commencing work, complies with safety procedures and wears required personal protective equipment (PPE)
Qualifications and Experience:
- Associates Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering or Technology Equivalent military training may be substituted
- Minimum of five years of experience in the start-up and repair of AC and DC drives and drive systems
- Oilfield electrical experience required
- PLC programming experience a plus
- Should be comfortable reading wiring diagrams and electrical schematics and have a good understanding of ladder logic
- Experience in programming PLCs and HMIs desired
- Excellent reasoning and problem-solving skills to apply knowledge, understand written information and verbal instructions in repairing/servicing unusual and/or unknown technical equipment operational problems
- Can work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate with customers promoting good customer service
- Providing field service 24 hours a day and seven days a week. 50%+ domestic and foreign travel required
- Must be able to communicate by telephone to receive instructions and to provide service information
- Must have a safe driving record and maintain a valid driver's license
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
- Work long hours, weekends, often outdoors and in hazardous and remote locations
- Daily and repeatedly stoop, kneel, bend, climb besides, onto and underneath various equipment to perform diagnosis and repairs
- Able to see to perform installations, repair, research technical manuals, and develop written repair work order reports
- Must be able to lift/ position various parts to perform repairs/ service and manually handle parts up to 100 pounds
- Must be able to drive a motor vehicle and drive for extended periods to reach customer locations
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor-priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.