NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a major oil and gas producer company, is currently seeking a Technical Drafter
based in on a 12 month contract
with possibility of extension.
This position has a rotation of 4/3 with 12 hour working days, FIFO from Calgary or Edmonton
Individuals will responsible for travel to the transportation hub in Calgary/Edmonton.
- Updating CAD files from marked up hard-copies & PDF's
- Updating 3D model based on completed scope with support from PM
- Creating CAD drawings from vendor packages & scanned copies
- Supporting MOC project close-outs - generating As-Built
- Generating BOM from new/updated drawings
- Managing document revisions
- Communication with Document Control Team
Must Have Skills:
- Post-Secondary Engineering Design and Drafting Technology Diploma
- AutoCAD, AVEVA, Navisworks Certification
- A minimum of 5 years related experience
- Understanding of documentation revision control and review/approval process
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize work requests and meet deadlines based on overall understanding of business impacts
- Technical Drawing Literacy - Piping, Structural, Electrical, Instrumentation
- Microsoft Office
Nice To Have Skills:
- Previous support for an Operating Facility (Oil & gas, Chemical Processing, Industrial, etc.)
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.