Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor, Regulatory Compliance
Other Skills: Permitting, EIA
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
• Identify the risks associated with these activities.
• Co-ordinate with the rest of the Project team (especially Planning) and Marine competence centre (especially Survey/CRS) to ensure that milestones and deliverables are aligned.
• Produce the Permit RACI matrix to confirm that project permit responsibilities and interfaces are carefully allocated and ownership assigned.
• Identify and assist Purchasing in the appointment of specialist permit contractors with relevant experience and expertise. Specify their scope of work and closely control and manage their activities throughout the project.
• Liaise with legal where required for specific legal support if required for the permitting process.
• Report and present to Customers as required by the project team, including as required attendance at Customer meetings.
• Occasional support to bid teams through providing total cost, timescale required and input to contractual terms and conditions for Permitting activities.
• Research, record, maintain and update, from past project and bidding records, studies and online sources, the permitting and regulatory requirements for permitting submarine cables in national and sub-national jurisdictions worldwide.
• Understand, interpret and process the information gathered, and include it in the Project Knowledge Base, in a manner that will inform future bids and assist in the implementation of projects.
• Experience in and good understanding of regulatory control and permitting of infrastructure projects
• Experience in marine/coastal permitting work, including environmental permitting and EIA, ideally for the submarine cable industry, would be advantageous
• Meticulous attention to detail and high standards of presentation
• Good interpersonal skills: persuasiveness, maturity and tact
• Excellent team player, but also self-motivated and adaptable
• Ability to work proactively to tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment
• Ability to quickly develop a technical appreciation of submarine cable projects
• Good IT skills, especially in the management of complex and non-numerical data
• Competence in another language (especially French and/or Spanish) would be advantageous
• Occasional overseas travel as required
Education: Master degree or equivalent
ETPM focuses on the combination of in-depth contract expertise with sound seafaring knowledge to offer services in support of marine operations offshore.
Founded in the provision of consultancy for high risk marine operations, the Group is a household name for technical assurance and more latterly project execution services. These core skills have lead to the development of a range of associated services at the same high standards as the founding concepts.