Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Rosyth, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
- To support the Financial Controller, provide leadership to the Finance Team and provide support to other business functions on site.
- To support the financial reporting of SDS-R in line with Corporate requirements and to support the achievement of business and financial results in line with company targets and objectives.
- To continuously strive for improvement, change and development in all areas of finance and business associated processes.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Individual contributor who can work independently under their own initiative.
- Can manage and navigate ambiguous projects with minimal support from more experienced employees.
- Experienced professional with adequate understanding of one's own job area and role function
- Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of scope and complexity.
- Is decisive - Explains facts, provides context and policies to internal/external parties for information or to elicit support.
- Actively participate in HSE initiatives and ensuring safety comes first.
- Provide support, development and guidance to the Finance Team and to the business / management organisation related to best practice financial management, systems of work, ensuring continuous improvement thinking is fostered and that the resulting levels of compliance are met.
- Preparation, submission and commentary on the monthly management accounts, variance analysis and forecast packs, which must be reliable and timely (including balance sheet reconciliations and Cash Flow forecasts).
- Drive the Annual SDS-R Operating Plan process detailing opportunities, risk and areas of growth.
- Ownership of the monthly Business Review pack and "Flash" reporting pack and supporting commentary.
- Ensure the Cost Accounting team provides support to the Project Managers in the preparation of their monthly reports.
- Integrate fully with the site operations team understanding the manufacturing process and stages and associated costs.
- Drive monthly Project Reviews process and access impact of changes on the business operating results.
- Actively participate and challenge results in Estimate Reviews, Risk Reviews, Bid Reviews, Project Hand-over Meetings and Stagegate meetings.
- Manage the site program of investments, capital expenditure and analysis of expected returns.
- Ensure the Balance Sheet reconciliations are prepared and justified, meeting Best Practice standard.
- Support the Financial Controller in ensuring appropriate financial controls are in place across the business (SOX) and compliance with financial reporting standards (UK & US GAAP), ensuring the business does not under-take work without relevant contract cover.
- Encourage and drive Finance Team development on a technical and personal basis.
- Occasional International travel (US/Brazil) may be required.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems of the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
Supervise and develop a team of 3 employees - 1 Qualified Accountant and 2 Accounting Assistants.
- Qualified Accountant (E) to UK standard or equivalent
- Ability to communicate and present high level information to non-financial managers (E)
- Well organised and able to demonstrate ability to work to business deadlines in a corporate environment (E)
- Proven experience in industry (E) - Operational or Project based industries (P)
- Sarbanes Oxley compliance experience (P)
- Previous experience in Lean or similar continuous improvement projects (P)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
- Peoplesoft - Oracle based ERP system (P - training will be given where required).
- Ability to demonstrate Microsoft Suite skills to a fairly advanced level including Excel(E), Word (P) and Powerpoint (P)
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.