Skills: Civil Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Assen, Drenthe, Netherlands
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The vacant position is that of a Civil Engineer to provide support in the matrix engineering organization of the Land Asset (PU North, East and Schoonebeek).
Located at Assen, the Civil Engineer provides mainly engineering/expertise and technical assurance for modifications, maintenance and operations support to operated assets and projects in the Netherlands. Working in close cooperation with the pipeline engineers.
The position provides scope for the candidate to take initiative and use expertise to identify, promote and contribute to a wide range of business opportunities. It provides you with considerable opportunities for personal development in an environment where well-known international companies and legislative authorities are primary players. The application of new technologies creates a challenge in developing special technological knowledge. Applicant must have commercial knowledge to proactively be involved in exploiting commercial benefits in procurement.
Your responsibilities are:
• Specify, execute & report of integrity safeguarding, repair and modification activities for the onshore civil and structural facilities.
• Report to your Civil & Pipelines Team Lead on progress, technical issues, non-conformances etc.
• Contribute to continuous improvement of the onshore Civil & Structural integrity management system.
• Provide onshore Civil & Structural maintenance input to Asset maintenance, Engineering and Projects budget & plans (incl. SAP).
• Provide support to the Civil & Pipelines Team when required.
• Ensure continuous & effective communication with Production Unit, Asset and Project teams.
• Participate in technical audits and reviews.
• Continuous improvement of HSSE in own and contractor work.
• Ensure all stakeholders are updated and informed regarding the projects on a regular basis.
• Participate in weekly Engineering meeting to align day to day scope of work with the Chief Engineers.
• Manage work outsourced in civil contracting agreements including budgets and planning.
• Ensure that the necessary permits are applied for and are received in time.
• Coordinate content of work packages between Operations & Engineering.
• Communicate the work packages with the contractor.
• Asses quotations of contractor on quality, completeness and ensure quotations are timely completed
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
.What do we need from you?
To be successful in this role you have experience directly associated with the maintenance and design of civil facilities and structures.
Besides this, you should have
*capabilities and experience to set priorities and make decisions in the whole area under your discipline on technical issues;
*knowledge of the International standards within the civil and capable of applying these standards within the NL;
*demonstrated record of achievement relevant to Civil engineering.
*personal independence and good verbal / written communication skills in Dutch and English are essential.
You have initiative, expertise and energy to identify, promote and contribute to a broad range of business opportunities whilst remaining cost conscience with high efficiency and focus.
Minimum educational qualification for this role is a Bachelor degree (HTS) in Civil engineering discipline or equivalent.
Because of the amount of travel required in this position (2 days/week), the applicant needs to have a driving license.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.