Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client, a leading professional services and certification company, have a requirement for a Mechanical Engineer Surveyor to join their Onshore Examination Group in Aberdeen on a contract basis, to provide onshore examination activities on Portable and Transportable Equipment to Oil and Gas / Industry clients.
Tasks will also involve the assurance of Project Equipment and relevant equipment packages. This is a busy and varied role, with surveyors required to attend client and manufacturing sites ensuring that equipment certification is managed and compliant to a high standard in line with regulations, standards and client requirements.
Candidates should have strong mechanical engineering experience and a working knowledge of relevant regulations and standards for safety critical equipment in the offshore Oil & Gas industry. Qualification at HNC level or above is preferred. Due to the nature of the role, a full driving licence would be required in order to undertake site visits. Auditing experience, in particular ISO9001 accreditation, is highly desirable.
Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing engineering and verification expertise within your specific discipline, ensuring that the companies' technical philosophy and applicable strategies are followed
- Provide services to clients within the designated field of expertise, in compliance with specified Regulations, Standards and Client specifications
- Remain informed; updating current knowledge and remaining abreast of developments in standards and legislation affecting all engineering disciplines, supporting change as required
- Perform verification, quality assessment, and documentation review activities on contracts undertaken by the group; ensuring efficiency and profitability. Activities include; contract review and control, compliance with quality procedures and regulations, etc.
- Responsible for reporting sales opportunities to the Team Leader
- Ensuring any issues arising out with own relevant discipline are referred to Team Leader
- Manage Client and Verification Team relationships within your sphere of responsibility
- Working with the Verification Team to retain Client contracts and relationships.
- Ensure quality of Technical content of reports /Certificates