Our client is looking for a Joint Venture Analyst for a fixed term 1 year contract, located in Kingswells.
- The analyst role is to provide functional Finance support to the Operated assets team.
- They should act as a focal point between the Operations team and the Finance function to ensure accounting integrity, robust business performance management reporting, appropriate functional finance involvement in key project issues and the appropriate functioning of finance processes required by the asset, such as liaising with the Accounts Payable team for invoice payment.
- Functional reporting will be to the JV Accounting Team Lead and the analyst will support the JV Accounting Team Lead:
- To ensure Joint Venture reporting requirements are met for month end along with Premier internal corporate reporting (actual and forecast). In doing so they are expected to monitor and maintain the asset cost coding structure.
- Where required advise budget holders and cost engineers in strategic and day to day decisions made in the business through an understanding of key business cost drivers to enable them to manage costs effectively.
- The analyst will sit within the Operated asset team and will be expected to maintain strong working relationships with the cost engineers and budget holders.
- Annual preparation of budgets in accordance with timetables.
- Monthly preparation of Joint Venture Billings, partner reports and other JV reporting requirements
- Monthly preparation of actual / forecast project cost for internal Business Unit Reporting (BUR) and the internal asset report.
- Monthly performance of control account reconciliations.
- Ensuring all transactions are supported by a clear audit trail.
- Year to date and full year revised forecast performed with budget holders on a monthly basis.
- Adherence to all corporate timetables set.
- Ensuring compliance with SOAPs (in the absence of a JOA).
- Ensuring compliance with internal approvals process.
- Accounting for inter field cost sharing and financial allocations Ensuring an accurate and timely flow of actual and forecast cost information between the any operations cost engineering resource and finance.
- Perform the accounting for the complex field abandonment program Ensuring appropriate application of project cost coding structure for all costs incurred.
Financial Accountability and Dimensions
- Meet annual budget timetables.
- Meet month end deadlines.
- Monthly completion of control account reconciliations.
- Ensure that all transactions are supported by a clear audit trail.
- Year to date and full year revised forecast performed with Budget holders every month Manage Joint Venture audit and statutory audit requests
- Responsibility for the accounting integrity of the gross Joint Venture and net ledgers.
- Management Relationships (include direct / indirect reports, external parties) Direct reports: None Indirect reports: Asset Manager; Asset Operations managements, auditors, Financial reporting team
- Qualified or studying towards (CA / CIMA / ACCA)
- Candidate Profile (include Skills & Experience, Attributes, Behaviours) Previous experience in an operated Joint Venture accounting environment within the upstream oil industry wold be preferable, along with sound knowledge of Joint Venture accounting concepts and principles.
Additional Role Requirements
- Proficient use of Microsoft office, particularly Excel.
- Proficient use of systems including:
- SunSystems accounting system
- IBM TM1 enterprise planning
- IBM Maximo asset management
- Awareness and understanding of UKCS Joint Operator Agreements.
- The above is intended to provide a description of the ACCOUNTABILITIES of the role. Duties and responsibilities attached to roles may change from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed