Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Colico, Lombardy, Italy
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Cameron Valves & Measurement currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Mechatronics Engineer join the team in Colico, Italy.
Cameron Colico is a world leader in the manufacture of Subsea Valves, Chokes and Chemical Injection Metering Valves for the Oil and Gas Industry.
This position reports directly to the Engineering Supervisor and the Mechatronics Engineer will work within a multinational team of Engineers and Designers gaining extensive experience in all aspects of the design of Oil & Gas high pressure, flow controlling devices. This challenging and exciting role combines the application of Mechanical and Controls Engineering principles.
- Developing and qualifying product designs and developing the required design documents (i.e. instructions, procedures, specifications and drawings).
- Document design analysis and review to documented Cameron design standards or other industry codes, standards and specifications and customer design requirements as applicable.
- Preparation of all related documentation for customer sales orders, including but not limited to, product structure, part change history recording, assembly and testing requirements.
- Reviewing vendors' product offerings to assess their suitability for inclusion within Cameron Products.
- Review customer inquiry packages, preparation of product specification sheets resulting in quotations to customers.
- Providing technical and troubleshooting support to the manufacturing plant as required.
- Disposition of Non-Conformance Reports.
- Perform other related duties as delegated by the Engineering Manager or Engineering Supervisor.
- Responsible for safety of self and others.
- An Honours Degree / PhD / Masters in Mechatronics Engineering or a closely related discipline is required. Mechanical discipline with some electronic competencies would be considered.
- The candidate will ideally have attained a degree classification of 100/110 or higher in the above.
- Three plus years appropriate work experience.
- Inventor or similar 3D modeling cad is desirable.
- A good understanding of engineering physics.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in Italian and English
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Provide strong levels of leadership and support.
- Organisation of work and planning.
- An interest in continuous learning.
- Mechanical / Technical aptitude.
- Engineering skills should include -
- Mechatronics / Mechanical/ Electronics / Controls
- Industrial Instrumentation
- Stress Analysis
- Material Selection
- Hydraulics and Pneumatics
- 2D Drawing and 3D Solid Modelling
- Qualification testing of Control systems
- A working knowledge of LabVIEW
- Experience of Canbus or Modbus
- Knowledge of machining processes is desirable.
- LabVIEW experience is desirable.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.