The objective of the AFC role is to ensure that routine maintenance work scopes are safety, effectively, and efficiently executed by Shell and Contractor crafts. This includes behaviors and culture, craft competency and qualification, quality control and assurance, planning accuracy and schedule attainment, effective use and management of resources. The AFC is accountable for work scope delivery versus a focus solely on an individual craft line.
Critical to success in role requires the AFC to build a strong working relationship with Production Team members - from Technical, Operations, and Maintenance - to ensure the team delivers a unit that is a reliable & available asset today and tomorrow.
As Area Field Coordinator(AFC), the following are expected for the role -
- Ensure a safe work environment and safety focused culture are maintained both in Personal and Process Safety
- Know and deliver in role and responsibilities in the Maintenance Execution (ME) Workflow
- Ensure the Quality of the Work Completed
- Manage Productivity & Efficiency of the Work Activities
- Supervise and Lead all Shell Crafts working in the AFC's Assigned Area
- Oversee all Contractors working in the AFC's Assigned Area
- Maintain Documentation and Records
- Safety Statistics
- Maintenance Execution KPI's and other Tracked Data
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Minimum ten (10) years Refinery and or Chemical Industry Experience in a site Manufacturing Environment (I.e., Maintenance, Construction or TA execution overseeing multidiscipline work activities)
- ?With at least five (5) years supervisory experience
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree in a related field.
- GSAP specific knowledge around notifications, work orders, approvals, and cost tracking
- Understanding of MOC requirements
- Competent in Microsoft office tools - Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge, preferably expertise, of craft competencies and qualifications
- Maintenance planning skills
- Assessor trained (to conduct CD&A and HSSE skills assessments)
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written
- Ability to build positive, working relationships across teams such as Safety, Technical, Operations and Maintenance
- Ability to have difficult conversations and handle conflict with direct reports and peers
- Ability to develop people and coach up, down and across
- Strong organization and time management skills
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.