Skills: Structural Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Trainee Structural Designer
WorleyParsons delivers projects, provides expertise in engineering, procurement and construction and offers a wide range of consulting and advisory services for our customers. As a global company, originating in Australia we employ over 25,000 personnel across 42 countries.
As a WorleyParsons Trainee you will join the Integrated Solutions business, based in Aberdeen, which delivers maintenance, modification, operations, engineering, fabrication, construction, hook-up and commissioning in support of greenfield and brownfield assets globally.
WorleyParsons recognises the importance of continual development, therefore you will join a four year structured programme, designed to provide you with the knowledge, skills and experience required as a Trainee Designer. You will join the Structural Engineering Team, which provides concept, FEED and detailed design services for onshore and offshore oil and gas facilities to provide an inherently safe, economical and sustainable solution that meets client demands. In onshore applications, this typically includes large scale refineries and gas terminals and in offshore environments, it involves topsides structural systems such as fixed jacket structures, semi-submersible and other floating platforms. Discipline functions range from intelligent modelling, analysis and design of structural systems based in harsh environments through to weight control and engineering.
Throughout the development programme you will become competent in the following:
- Execute structural design and draughting activities.
- Prepare structural drawings and design deliverables to the required technical quality with guidance from engineering personnel.
- Prepare simple structural drawings from agreed work scopes with guidance from senior designers.
- Learn manual and CAD draughting techniques.
- Learn and be able to use draughting standards and specifications.
- Carry out work in accordance with relevant Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality systems.
- Responsible for assessing effectiveness of working practices and systems with a view to continuously improving systems, personal and team performance.
- HNC in an appropriate Engineering subject
- Prior work experience within this role
Experience and Personal qualities, aptitudes and skills:
- Demonstrate clear written / spoken communication with senior personnel and client personnel at a discipline level
- Demonstrate good presentation skills
- Highly motivated with an innovative and analytical mind
- Commitment to involvement in industry / educational / STEM seminars and activities