Skills: Process Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Graduate Process Engineer
WorleyParsons delivers projects, provides expertise in engineering, procurement and construction and offers a wide range of consulting and advisory services for our customers. As a global company, originating in Australia we employ over 25,000 personnel across 42 countries.
As a WorleyParsons Graduate you will join the Integrated Solutions business, based in Aberdeen, which delivers maintenance, modification, operations, engineering, fabrication, construction, hook-up and commissioning in support of greenfield and brownfield assets globally.
WorleyParsons recognises the importance of continual development, therefore you will join a four year structured programme, designed to provide you with the knowledge, skills and experience required as a Graduate Process Engineer. You will join the Process Department which provides concept, FEED and detailed design services for process systems for both onshore and offshore Oil & Gas facilities. Engineering positions involve Process Design, Process Simulation, Process Equipment & Instrument Datasheets, PFD, P&ID, calculations and HAZOP. Design positions involve the utilisation of CAD to produce P&ID and PFD CAD drawings. You will work under the supervision of more senior engineers to ensure that asset or project Process Engineering deliverables and activities are executed within budget and schedule, while ensuring technical integrity
Our structured programme is designed to provide Graduates joining the Engineering function of WorleyParsons with first-hand training and development, where you will also have the opportunity to achieve membership of an Engineering Institution and Chartered Engineer status.
Throughout the development programme you will become competent in the following
- Execute work in accordance with relevant WorleyParsons Standards and Procedures
- Complete process discipline activities and deliverables (Concept, Front End Engineering Development, Technical Study & Detailed Design)
- Ensure the required technical quality and integrity of work delivered
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant codes, standards, regulations and procedures
- Ensure, as far as is practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with the agreed budget and schedule
- Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with the project Change Control Process
- Develop awareness of technical developments, National and International standards and legislative requirements related to the Process Discipline
- Prepare estimates and schedules for review
- Maintain good communication with other discipline and client engineers
- Maintain the discipline filing system
- Essential - MEng in an appropriate Engineering subject
Experience and Personal qualities, aptitudes and skills:
- Relevant previous work, summer placement or year in industry experience is desirable
- Competent in the use of appropriate codes of practice, industry standards and relevant sections of statutory provisions
- Competent in the application of design and assessment methods and software used within the Process Discipline
- Competent in application of analytical methods used within the discipline including sound theoretical knowledge and understanding
- Competent in quality control requirements and quality assurance for engineering work
- Demonstrable clear written / spoken communication with senior personnel and client personnel at a discipline level
- Highly motivated with an innovative and analytical mind
- Commitment to involvement in industry / educational / STEM seminars and activities
- Competent in design safety/environmental requirements, procedures and responsibilities
- Determination to achieve IChemE Chartered Engineer status
About WorleyParsons: WorleyParsons delivers projects, provides expertise in engineering, procurement and construction and offers a wide range of consulting and advisory services. We cover the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets, in the hydrocarbons, mineral, metals, chemicals and infrastructure sectors. Our resources and energy are focused on responding to and meeting the needs of our customers over the long term and thereby creating value for our shareholders. WorleyParsons is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX:WOR)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.