Skills: Project Management, Project Controls
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Project Controls Graduate
WorleyParsons delivers projects, provides expertise in engineering, procurement and construction and offers a wide range of consulting and advisory services for our customers. As a global company, originating in Australia we employ over 25,000 personnel across 42 countries.
As a WorleyParsons Graduate you will join the Integrated Solutions business, based in Aberdeen, which delivers maintenance, modification, operations, engineering, fabrication, construction, hook-up and commissioning in support of greenfield and brownfield assets globally.
WorleyParsons recognises the importance of continual development, therefore you will join a four year structured programme, designed to provide you with the knowledge, skills and experience required as a Project Controls Graduate. You will join the Project Controls function and will work with an experienced team who will challenge and support you throughout your programme. Our structured programme is designed to provide Graduates joining the Project Controls community of WorleyParsons with first-hand training and development, where you will also have the opportunity to achieve Professional Accreditation.
Throughout the development programme you will become competent in the following:
- Assists the Lead / Senior / Cost and / or Planning Engineer in the development, maintenance and monitoring of schedule and associated documents, and / or cost processes
- Be responsible for the development , maintenance and monitoring of project cost processes and / or schedule for either a small sized project or a small sized sub-element of a major project.
- Develop cost and / or planning practitioner skills and knowledge to become a fully competent project controls engineer.
- Assist in the establishment and maintenance of the project cost and / or planning system and procedures.
- Deliver an appropriately detailed robust cost plan and / or schedule for either a small sized project or a small sized sub-element of a major project , maintaining the cost control / reporting and / or schedule reporting any variances or issues related to it.
- Gain a good understanding of how estimates are developed.
Prime responsibilities and duties
- To read, understand and implement the Company Safety Policy and the arrangements described in the Company and area Safety Management System documents in relation to the Planning function.
- To promote good working relations within the Project Controls Teams and other project departments and client representatives.
- To carry out all works in compliance with Corporate and Project specific procedures.
- To be fully conversant with WorleyParsons Brownfield Management Suite of applications (P6, CTRm, JCm, Timesheetm).
- To be the focal point for the progress measurement system.
- To initially assist the Lead / Senior Cost Engineer in the preparation, update and maintenance of the cost control process.
- To initially assist the Lead / Senior / Planner in the preparation, update and maintenance of schedules.
- To prepare all relevant reports for checking by the Lead / Senior / Cost and / or Planning Engineer then issue to the project.
- To interface on a daily basis with the Projects Controls Team.
- To interface on a daily basis with the Project Team.
- Latterly to prepare resourced schedules, for either a small sized project or a small sub-element of a major project to report risks/changes against schedules to the Project Lead Planning Engineer, Project Engineer and Construction Engineer in a timely and concise manner. Latterly to prepare cost reports, for either a small sized project or a small sub-element of a major project.
- IT / Computer Literacy
- Able and willing to learn
- Accepts feedback and takes responsibility for improving their own performance
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, initiative and drive
- Builds and sustains effective team relationships
- Communicates effectively with others
- Plans and organises workload to deliver high quality work to deadlines
- Able to handle change and adapt to new situations
About WorleyParsons: WorleyParsons delivers projects, provides expertise in engineering, procurement and construction and offers a wide range of consulting and advisory services. We cover the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets, in the hydrocarbons, mineral, metals, chemicals and infrastructure sectors. Our resources and energy are focused on responding to and meeting the needs of our customers over the long term and thereby creating value for our shareholders. WorleyParsons is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX:WOR)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.