The Ethylene Oxide (EO) catalyst technical service team is responsible for delivering technical services in support of Shell Catalysts & Technologies' EO catalyst business in the Asia Pacific region. The EO catalyst business is part of the newly rebranded Shell Catalysts and Technologies business which comprises of refining and petrochemicals catalysts, technology licensing and technical services.
This role offers an opportunity to those who are interested to explore whether a future commercial role would interest and suit him/her, due to ample exposure in a commercial environment and hands on application of commercial excellence skills and tools in the role.
This role exists principally to:
1. Service EO catalyst sales with a goal to retain incumbency and become customers' trusted advisor by providing high quality technical service to help existing customers extract maximum value from using our EO catalysts.
2. Support existing sales and new business development activities for the EO catalyst business by using technical & commercial expertise, to meet business growth targets.
3. Provide input to planning for longer term business growth by giving quality technical direction, input and market feedback to catalyst R&D programs to retain incumbency and be well positioned for winning new businesses.
1. Develops catalyst sales/technical proposals both for retaining existing customers and winning new customers, using advanced techniques and modeling tools
2. Leads safe on-site customer catalyst start-ups together with Technical Service Associate/s, for a duration of 10 to 14 days per event
3. Provides technical support to existing customers and ensure catalyst performance meets contractual obligations by analyzing catalyst performance data, providing catalyst optimization advice as required, troubleshooting complicated operating issues and advising technical solutions to customers
4. Builds trust and relationship with customer technical and operations team through close contact, providing excellent technical support and proposing solutions to improve unit operations and business margin.
5. Understands customers' unit constraints and business needs and pro-actively start discussion with customers on next catalyst cycle operating conditions and catalyst options, technical and economic benefits with the goal of retaining the customer's business.
6. Supports Business or Sales Manager during the sales and negotiation process of catalyst deals
7. Works with colleagues from other Shell businesses (eg. Chemicals, Trading, other catalysts types, technical licensing and services) to address customers' needs/ambitions and maximize overall value for Shell.
8. Collect and share competitor intelligence and market information with global EO catalyst community.
9. Provide customer needs and market intelligence to R&D programs for new catalyst product development
10. Co-organize regional technical conferences as part of organizing committee and/or as a presenterCompany Description
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.Requirements
- Bachelors degree (or higher) in Chemical Engineering with minimum 5 years' work experience in refining and/or petrochemical industry as process engineer
- Work experience in catalytic units is preferred, but general background in other refining and/or petrochemical processes will also be considered
- Strong technical skills and the ability to perform in-depth problem solving
- Proficient in use of spreadsheets and computer models
- Excellent communication skills (speaking, writing and presentation)
- Pro-active, able to work independently, balance priorities and take ownership for assigned work
- Have a strong customer orientation with commercial mindset/acumen
- Good time management skills
- Able to build relationship with others and a good team player
- Uncompromising on safety, ethics & compliance
- Proficiency in Chinese/Mandarin is preferred
- Willing to travel as 40-50% traveling is expected.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.