Skills: Electrical Technician, Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Lost Cabin, Wyoming, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
• Provides electrical, electronics, communications, and instrumentation support to maintain wells, equipment and facilities in a manner that is safe, efficient and environmentally sound.
• Maintains and optimizes SCADA communications systems and programmable logic controllers.
• Installs, troubleshoots, and maintains electrical, pneumatic, process controls and new equipment as projects dictate.
• Oversees, monitors, & witnesses: Grounding/Breaker Installation/Terminations/Continuity checks/Instrument Installation/Loop checks/System Function checks/P&ID check outs of contractor's work execution during Capital Project installation.
• Maintains high safety standards during construction and participate in the PSSR walkdown at the completion of the project.
Required and Preferred Skills and Experience
• Experienced level, typically 5-7 years of experience.
• Provides more technical/functional support than administrative support.
• Demonstrates a thorough working knowledge of technology, applications, terminology, and procedures required of job function.
• Performs varied and more complex tasks.
• Makes decisions within broad parameters.
Preferred candidate will have previous experience with low and medium voltage electrical systems, with an ability to read and interpret electrical prints, diagrams, and instrumentation loop drawings. Candidate will also have some experience and knowledge of instrumentation in an industrial/commercial setting, including performing installation, verification, and troubleshooting techniques as well as performing calibrations of various types of instrumentation used in live process control. The ability and desire to learn and grow in the field of instrumentation and electrical controls is a must, as well as sharing information from previous career experience and the desire to work as a team. Additional skills, but not necessary, related to knowledge of programmable logic controllers, distributive control systems, and a good general knowledge of continuous process controls in a natural gas processing facility. Adherence to electrical and process safety policies are a must, with a work ethic centered
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Competentia is more than a staffing company; we combine our long experience in the industry with a continuing commitment to innovation to provide a different level of customer service.
From the moment you begin planning your projects Competentia offers you real advantages in all areas related to staffing your teams and managing your manpower resources.
We offer strategic staffing solutions ranging from recruitment and onboarding to training, payrolling and mobilizing your human capital.
Above all we offer the expertise, experience and integrity to bring you genuine peace of mind as you manage one of the most challenging aspects of the modern technical market place.