The Martinez Refinery refines and markets gasoline and other petroleum products under the Shell brand name throughout the west and Northern Midwest, providing product to Shell branded retail outlets.
Refinery electricians install, maintain, and repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures while ensuring that work is in accordance with relevant codes. Specific job duties include:
- Install, test, troubleshoot and repair electric motor control circuitry
- Install, test, troubleshoot and repair electric relay and alarm systems
- Install, test, troubleshoot and repair AC and DC electric motors
- Install, test, troubleshoot and repair electrical power generation equipment
- Install, test, troubleshoot and repair electrical switchgear equipment
- Install, test, troubleshoot and repair DC battery banks and battery chargers
- Install, test, troubleshoot and repair and test low, medium and high voltage distribution panels
- Install, test, troubleshoot electrical explosion proof equipment
- Install, test, troubleshoot Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's)
- Install, test, troubleshoot and replace electric lighting systems
- Install, test, troubleshoot and repair HVAC systems
- Install, test, troubleshoot and repair AC variable frequency motor drives
- Install, test, troubleshoot and repair Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) systems
- Install, test, troubleshoot and connect electrical conductors
- Install, test, troubleshoot and repair electrical instrumentation
- Install, test, troubleshoot and repair fire and gas detection equipment
- Install, test, troubleshoot low, medium and high voltage equipment
- Interpret computer diagnostics of electrical motor control systems
- Read electrical drawings of control circuitry
- Diagnose and apply results using voltmeters & amp meters
- Diagnose and apply results using hydrometers
- Diagnose and apply results using meggers
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.Requirements
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without the requirement of a work visa
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Willing to work outside in inclement weather with or without accommodation
- Willing to work in compact and confined spaces with or without accommodation
- Willing to climb ladders, walk up and down steps, and work at heights with or without accommodation
- Able to work while wearing a respirator or Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA)
- Willing to work overtime, holidays, nights, and weekends
- Willing to be on call and meet callout standards to respond to site responsibilities and emergencies
- Possess a current, valid license to operate a motor vehicle in the United States
- Must currently hold or be able to qualify to receive a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card. Note, information regarding TWIC qualification standards may be found at https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic
- As a part of the pre-employment selection process, candidates are required to submit to and receive satisfactory results from all pre-employment background, drug, medical, and reference checks, including hair and oral fluids drug testing.
- Willing to support the company's drug-free work environment, which will include random drug screenings
- Willing to support and comply with the company's harassment-free work environment policy
- Willing to support and comply with the company's safety policies and initiatives
- Willing to support and comply with the company's diversity and inclusion work environment policies
- Willing to attend and achieve satisfactory results on pre-employment testing
- Must possess one of the following in an Electrical discipline:
- Associates of Applied Science degree
- Military Maintenance School
- Union or Company Apprenticeship
- Industry Accredited Certification (NCCER, ISA, etc.)
- Minimum 3 years of electrical work experience ALSO required
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.