The Martinez Refinery refines and markets gasoline and other petroleum products under the Shell brand name throughout the west and Northern Midwest, providing product to Shell branded retail outlets.
Refinery Instrumentation and Analyzer Technicians troubleshoot, repair, install, maintain, calibrate, test, removes, and cleans plant instrumentation equipment, such as transmitters, meters, gas regulators, thermostats, valves, Distributed Control Systems (DCS) and other mechanical, electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic systems. Specific duties include:
- Troubleshoot, repair, install, maintain, calibrate, test, removes, and cleans plant instrumentation equipment.
- Operate tools and machinery to affect assigned repair work.
- Communicate to operations employees, supervisors, and others regarding the identification of problems and completion of jobs in their area both verbally and in writing.
- Perform preventive maintenance work as assigned.
- Receive training to be qualified to perform successfully in job.
- Train other personnel in any instrument/analyzer/electrical functions with which they are unfamiliar.
- Read and comprehend vendor literature including, but not limited to, installation, operation and maintenance manual and parts lists.
- Employ knowledge of applicable electrical standards and codes in carrying out work assignments.
- Use of computer in daily routine including data entry into computerized management maintenance system
- Install, test, troubleshoot and repair safety shutdown systems
- Install, test, troubleshoot and repair ladder logic
- Install, test, troubleshoot and repair PLC control interfaces
- Install, test, troubleshoot, repair, calibrate, tune and aligning controllers
- Install, test, troubleshoot, repair, calibrate and make field repairs to control valves
- Install, test, troubleshoot, repair, calibrate and make field repairs to positioners
- Install, test, troubleshoot, repair, calibrate and make field repairs to actuators
- Install, test, troubleshoot, repair, calibrate and make field repairs to level measurement equipment
- Install, test, troubleshoot, repair, calibrate and make field repairs to transducers
- Install, test, troubleshoot, repair, calibrate and make field repairs to pressure switches
- Install, test, troubleshoot, repair, calibrate and make field repairs to regulators
- Install, test, troubleshoot, repair, calibrate and make field repairs to vibration measurement instrumentation
- Install, test, troubleshoot, repair, calibrate and make field repairs to electronic and pneumatic transmitters
- Install, test, troubleshoot, repair, calibrate and configure DCS systems
- Install, test, troubleshoot, repair, calibrate and make field repairs displacer level controls
- Diagnose and apply results using pressure test equipment
- Diagnose and apply results using volt meters, amp meters, communicators and other instrumentation test equipment
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.Requirements
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without the requirement of a work visa
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have the minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- Must be able to read, write and speak English proficiently
- Willing to work outside in inclement weather with or without accommodation
- Willing to work in compact and confined spaces with or without accommodation
- Willing to climb ladders, walk up and down steps, and work at heights with or without accommodation
- Able to work while wearing a respirator or Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA)
- Willing to work overtime, holidays, nights, and weekends
- Willing to work at least 12 consecutive hours
- Willing to be on call and meet call-out standards to respond to site responsibilities and emergencies
- Possess a current, valid license to operate a motor vehicle in the United States
- Must currently hold or be able to qualify to receive a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card. Note, information regarding TWIC qualification standards may be found at https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic
- As a part of the pre-employment selection process, candidates are required to submit to and receive satisfactory results from all pre-employment background, drug, medical, and reference checks, including hair and oral fluids drug testing
- Willing to support the company's drug-free work environment, which will include random drug screenings
- Willing to support and comply with the company's harassment-free work environment policy
- Willing to support and comply with the company's safety policies and initiatives
- Willing to support and comply with the company's diversity and inclusion work environment policies
- Willing to attend and achieve satisfactory results on pre-employment testing
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years current Instrumentation/Analyzer Technician experience in an industrial environment OR have completed an Associate of Applied Science in an Instrumentation discipline or a certificate of completion in an accredited four (4) semester Instrumentation Iechnician course
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.