The Martinez Refinery refines and markets gasoline and other petroleum products under the Shell brand name throughout the west and Northern Midwest, providing product to Shell branded retail outlets.
- Fulfill Equipment Operation and Maintenance activities in a safe, efficient and environmentally sound manner, by ensuring that all necessary procedures, practices, standards, rules, are documented and followed.
- Safely operates a variety of cranes, including but not limited to Cherry Picker, Boom Truck, Mobile cranes, Hydraulic cranes, and Carry Deck.
- Uses outriggers, load charts, for crane and lift stability and safety.
- Selects, inspects and prepares slings, spreaders, shackles, and hooks for lifts.
- Prepares rigging setup for stable lift. Places supports in position to receive load and remove rigging. Ensures outriggers and screwjacks are in position.
- Performs rigging as necessary.
- Instructs and leads other employees in setting up rigging.
- Instructs and inspects other employees in modifying the crane ; this includes extending jibs or dead sections, changing blocks, changing cable, changing multi and single part lines.
- Expert on Standard Hand signals also uses voice and radio communication.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.Requirements
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without the requirement of a work visa
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have the minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to read, write and speak English proficiently
- Willing to work outside in inclement weather with or without accommodation
- Willing to work in compact and confined spaces with or without accommodation
- Willing to climb ladders, walk up and down steps, and work at heights with or without accommodation
- Able to work while wearing a respirator or Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA)
- Willing to work overtime, holidays, nights, and weekends
- Possess a current, valid license to operate a motor vehicle in the United States
- Must currently hold or be able to qualify to receive a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card. Note, information regarding TWIC qualification standards may be found at https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic
- As a part of the pre-employment selection process, candidates are required to submit to and receive satisfactory results from all pre-employment background, drug, medical, and reference checks, including hair and oral fluids drug testing
- Willing to support the company's drug-free work environment, which will include random drug screenings
- Willing to support and comply with the company's harassment-free work environment policy
- Willing to support and comply with the company's safety policies and initiatives
- Willing to support and comply with the company's diversity and inclusion work environment policies
- Willing to attend and achieve satisfactory results on pre-employment testing
- Must have a minimum of four (4) years current Crane Operator/Rigger experience in an industrial environment OR have a certificate of completion in an accredited four (4) semester Crane Operator/Rigger course
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.