Skills: Business Analyst, IT - Analysis & Management
Location: Cambridge, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Schlumberger is a global well construction services provider, applied to the oil and gas, and geothermal industries.
As a part of well construction drilling activities, Schlumberger records information related to:
The Data Analytics Group at Schlumberger Cambridge Research have an opening for a graduate Data Scientist. This role will involve applying the latest techniques in data analytics and data science to operational data, automating the at scale analysis of that data, and delivering insights to optimize the process involved in Well Construction. This role would suit a graduate Data Scientist with an interest in influencing large scale field operations through insights extracted from data.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Associate different types of data (technical and business data) by building matching rules and algorithms on a cloud environment using Google BigQuery and Dataiku.
- Clean data by identifying potential erroneous information in the databases.
- Build automated analysis workflows, including labeling training data and creating machine learning models to detect events in unseen data.
- Build models representative of optimum drilling conditions.
- Prototype the deployment of a predictive (or prescriptive) model as services on commercial cloud platforms, or in Schlumberger's own commercial cloud software platform.
MSc or PhD in Data Science or related field.
- Database and data warehouse software (Hive, SQL, Google BigQuery)
- Highly proficient in Python, and familiar with tools such as scikit-learn
- Familiar with cloud computing (Google Cloud, Microsoft azure)
- Knowledge of analytics tools (Tableau, PowerBI, Dataiku)
- Ability to work independently and contribute to a team.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.