Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Crane Operator
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Rotational Contractor
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS FOR TEMPORARY / FILL IN WORK WHEN NEEDED.
REPORTS TO: Deck Pusher
LOCATION: Offshore US Gulf of Mexico
JOB SUMMARY: Operate the rig's cranes in a safe and efficient manner working within the design specifications and environmental limits of the crane. Responsible for the first line maintenance of cranes and relevant lifting equipment. Also, performs and directs lifting operations.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum three (3) years experience as Crane Operator
- 1-2 years previous experience with mechanical, electric, hydraulic, lattice and knuckle boom pedestal cranes as well as experience with gantry and bridge cranes.
- Level/Stage 3 Crane Certificate (API RP 2D certification)
- Previous offshore experience, semisubmersible and drillship preferred
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- Offshore training required:
- BOISET / HUET
- Safe Gulf / RigPass
- Rigging & Slinging (API RP 2D standard)
- Operate the rig's cranes in a safe and efficient manner working within the design specifications and environmental limits of the crane
- Be conversant and utilize appropriate company procedures for all lifting operations and ensures that inspection of all lifting equipment prior to use
- Manage heavy or complex lifts according to company policy and procedure
- Monitor deck cargo to ensure it is clear of obstructions and correctly sea fastened
- Ensure Company approved crane signals are utilized
- Transfer equipment to and from supply vessels and assist in maintaining accurate records of all deck cargo loaded and back loaded
- Assist in keeping a running inventory of slings and lifting equipment in use as per lifting gear register
- Supervise correct rig operating procedures. Report all unsafe activities, situations and potential hazards to supervisor
- Function as primary or secondary Helicopter Landing Officer
- Conduct performance appraisals for subordinates. Recommend promotion, development, or disciplinary action
- Actively participate in safety, departmental, pre-tour, client meetings, etc
- Plan and manage the handling of hazardous materials and ensure they are stowed in designated areas.
- Ensure that approved rig operating procedures are adhered to at all times. Report all unsafe activities, situations, and potential hazards to supervisor.
- Carry out first line maintenance and on tour checks and document as required
- Actively participate in the Safety Management Systems
- Mentor, develop, and train crew members to ensure they are competent to work in their current job positions, and where appropriate, coached and prepared for the next position
- Ensure housekeeping is maintained and decks are organized in assigned areas
- Direct or participate in all pre-job plans for critical deck operations
- Provide Roustabouts with relevant instructions for current and future operations
- Perform all emergency duties as per designation on the station bill
Puglisevich USA is an equal opportunity employer
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.