Purpose Reporting to the Production Superintendent will be accountable for 'leveraging Shell processes to deliver safe & profitable production.
Key elements: Be a safety leader in the Asset, maintaining and growing Safety Culture, delivering Goal Zero in HSE and Regulatory Compliance.Develop people within the Operations Team and unleash their full potential.Fostering and grow a LEAN culture of continuous improvement and focus on core processes to deliver results.
Deliver the Business That Wins by leveraging The Unconventional WayAccountabilities
- Safely build a winning business by continuously setting stretched production, reliability/availability, cost targets and deliver these with a highly engaged & empowered team focused on HSE every day.
- Safely start-up - operate of new wells/well pads/oil treatment plant/ new projects
- Safely manage and execute operations work activities across multiple functions supporting the Superintendent.
- Lead operations day to day activities developing the team for the future and growth.
- Competitively plan, schedule and safely execute maintenance through the How Work Gets Done / MEC / MIE process.
- Minimize deferment working closely with WRFM, Operations and Maintenance teams.
- Key liaison for managing SIMOPS / HANDOVERS between completions, development, projects and other groups
- Drive continuous improvement/ LEAN culture together with the supervisors - everyone is involved in identifying waste and realizing opportunities.
- Motivate and manage team of Shell and contract personnel. Develop and maintain succession, training, reward in alignment with Shell's principles.
- Coach/support supervisors with problem solving/trouble shooting.
- Incident command during Emergency Response Situations.
- Identifies, and promptly notifies and provides support for correcting deviations in quality or safety.
Experience and Qualifications required
- Engineer: Diploma/degree in Chemical, Industrial or Mechanical.
- Minimum 10 years of operations relevant experience in the Oil&Gas industry.
- Proven experience (+5yrs) and ability to lead a large team in the delivery of all key business objectives.
- Upper level of English is required.
- Excellent in coaching and developing multi-disciplinary teams in both leadership and technical skills.
- Ability to build effective relationships with other Shell groups outside direct span of control (Wells, Logistic, Commercial, HSE, etc.) to achieve stretch goals and drive change.
- Knowledge in Planning and Scheduling main activities.
- Skill in identification of safety hazards and appropriate precautions applicable to work assignments.