The Site is located in the Pittsburgh, PA area (Monaca, PA).? Not only are we building a world-class asset, we're building a world-class asset organization.? This position is critical to the mission of team, and this will promise to be a once-in-a-lifetime experience.?
The position will initially report to one of the Area Maintenance Managers. The Maintenance Team is within a combined department consisting of: Engineering, Maintenance, Projects and Turnarounds.
The Maintenance Team Leader will be responsible prior to commissioning and start up to: hire his/her maintenance staff that have the both the skills and culture fit desired, support getting contracts in place, have the work processes in place including ways of working with OMC developed, have training and competency assessment of staff and crafts complete. The MTL will be key in designing and implementing a lean maintenance and defect elimination process as part of start-up and commissioning.
The purpose of the Maintenance Team Leader is to provide direction and supervision of craft within a specific discipline group - Mechanical, Instrument/Electrical, or Non-routine. This position is responsible for helping the organization achieve maintenance excellence/reliability improvements by providing leadership for the execution of tasks conducted by crafts. This position plays a key role in the maintenance organization structure. Intense coordination/supervision of the crafts are key to success.
LEAD THE CRAFT
- Manage, coach, and facilitate team of 8-12 Shell/Contractor craft to execute maintenance activities. Distribute and discuss jobs to craft daily. Communicate planned work to all personnel involved.
- Manage break in jobs by close coordination with the Operations Maintenance Coordinator. Communicate on realistic timelines and resource capability.
- Review the need for and line up OT as needed.
- Identify any delays that would prevent schedule attainment.
- Manage craft issues (absenteeism, vacation, grievances, productivity, hourly performance evaluations)
- Promote craft flexibility.
- Maintaining an understanding of standards and codes that pertain to their specific disciplines (DEPs, ANSI, NEC, NFPA, etc.).
- Ensure all aspects of Safety, Environmental, and Quality are being met.
- Identifying and justifying the need to adjust staffing levels by working through the Area Maintenance Manager. Participates in the hiring process by interviewing prospective employees.
- Understanding, supporting and applying Shell's AMS manuals and recommended practices for best in class results.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with technical assurance and maintenance procedures.
- Providing performance evaluations, ranking/rating and career planning for the maintenance personnel in your team to the Area Maintenance Manager. The Team Leader is expected to use coaching and counseling techniques to develop the maintenance effectiveness skills of the craft team members.
- Setting the tone and safety culture will be a big component of this role to ensure a personal and continuous care around the safety of anyone at site.
- Working closely with craft team members and solicits input from all team members on opportunities for improvement.
- Along with the craft team members, the Team Leader will constantly look for opportunities to improve cost effectiveness.
- Provide feedback from work to the RCM focal point to improve preventative maintenance plans, optimize craft time, and drive reliability.
TRAINING & CRAFT DEVELOPMENT
- Assuring the crafts team members have the proper skills to manage and execute the work they are assigned. The Team Leader works with the technical disciplines to develop training plans to supplement weak areas, improve techniques/skills and introduce new equipment.
- The Team Lead needs to become a qualified assessor and is accountable for assessing each craft team members to provide assurance on Skill level competency
- Ensure all documentation is maintained, history is being captured, and any feedback is effectively being utilized. Be prepared for audits of this documentation.
- Developing work strategies for run and maintain issues (pull, repair in place, design improvements, etc.).
- Assisting the Area Maintenance Manager in the development and implementation of maintenance effectiveness programs and the tracking of these programs. The Team Leader looks for opportunities to eliminate low value work and replace it with vital work.
- Participate in contract setup scoping, shop visits, and vendor selection.
- Work and/or assist to eliminate bad actors by repair, replacement, or re-engineering. Much of this will be to drive the craft to recognize repeat issues and understand the root cause of issues. Guide and coach craft to use Causal Reasoning, whether it be for everyday troubleshooting or as feedback to engineers or production.
- Understanding the maintenance budget and working with the OMC's and Area Maintenance Manager to meet these budgets. They should be able to identify and explain any discrepancy with their budget. Provide support to maintenance manager for budget planning. Must demonstrate fiscal responsibility by being aware of and supportive of maintenance budget and cost performance expectations.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
The Pennsylvania Chemical Plant, formerly known as Project Franklin, will be a world-scale petrochemical plant in Western Pennsylvania that upgrades locally-produced ethane from Marcellus and Utica shale formations gas production to make polyethylene.? The petrochemical complex will consist of a world-scale Ethane Cracker Unit (ECU), multiple polyethylene (PE) units, PE logistics and supporting OSBL (utilities, general facilities, storage, and hydrocarbon logistics). The FID (Final Investment Decision) was made in Q2 2016 and the project is now in Execute Phase. As construction of the site progresses, the site is now growing to support Commissioning and Start-Up activities and prepare for full operation in the early 2020s.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Minimum eight (8) years field/maintenance mechanical or instrumentation experience required.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
- Knowledge of Maintenance Execution (ME) work process; particularly, planning, scheduling, and execution of work.
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills. Must be able to deliver results through others.
- Skilled in the use of Skilled in the use of SAP (CMMS)
- Skilled in use of MS-Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, MS-Project, or has ability to learn and use these tools.
- Strong electrical and instrumentation, mechanical, or rotating background.
- Able to conduct business conversations and communicate freely and effectively with all levels of the organization. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability as a Team Player. Willingly offer and accept challenge and feedback on job deliverables.
- Self-Starter. Able to perform work with little or no supervisor direction.
- Demonstrates the Company's Core Values: Values and Respects All People, Integrity, Customer Focus, Excellence and Acts for the Greater Whole.
- Able to manage multiple tasks.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.