The Site is located in the Pittsburgh, PA area (Monaca, PA).? Not only are we building a world-class asset, we're building a world-class asset organization.? This position is critical to the mission of team, and this will promise to be a once-in-a-lifetime experience.?
The position will report to the Planning and Scheduling Supervisor. The Maintenance Team is within a combined department consisting of: Engineering, Maintenance, Projects and Turnarounds. The following are expected for the role -
- Create and edit quality maintenance plans in GSAP.
- Take ownership of the maintenance plans and their content. Quality content will mean having the right number of tasks for a job, stated logically, and in the correct order for execution. Additionally, plans will need to have accurate man-hours, equipment needed, parts etc. to ensure realistic and smooth execution of field execution. As jobs are completed, obtain feedback from maintenance to ensure the tasks list is accurate.
- Ensure plan hours are as accurate as possible in the task lists; avoid building extra hours into the plans. Follow up with maintenance to verify man-hours, tasks, and order are accurate.
- Daily review que in GSAP for new work orders. Meet planning backlog goals through efficiency.
- Visit jobsites to estimate the scope of work and manpower requirements to execute the work. Consultation with technical disciplines may be necessary to further define work scopes. Ensure alignment with Contracts and Procurement when preparing to bring vendors onsite to perform work.
- Order materials necessary for job execution.
- Ensure material delivery date meets need date for execution.
- Work with Maintenance Team Leader to ensure proper documentation for shipping equipment offsite is ready and available.
- Review upcoming maintenance plans with the organization to provide adequate planning for operations and maintenance. (business needs, process issues, or special tools may require additional attention)
- Attend pertinent maintenance planning meetings.
- Collaborate with other Maintenance Planners, Schedulers and OMC's during all aspects of the planning, scheduling, and execution work process.
- Assist as necessary with development and optimization of weekly work schedules developed by using scheduling tool.
- Occasional assignment to turnarounds, special projects, and maintenance outages may be required. Train backfill planners as necessary.
- Expected to learn and understand Primavera (scheduling tool) to understand how plans are scheduled. Additionally, planner may be required to backfill for scheduler during absence's and special assignments.
- Provide support to maintenance managers for budget planning. Must demonstrate fiscal responsibility by being aware of and supportive of maintenance budget and cost performance expectations.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
The Pennsylvania Chemical Plant, formerly known as Project Franklin, will be a world-scale petrochemical plant in Western Pennsylvania that upgrades locally-produced ethane from Marcellus and Utica shale formations gas production to make polyethylene.? The petrochemical complex will consist of a world-scale Ethane Cracker Unit (ECU), multiple polyethylene (PE) units, PE logistics and supporting OSBL (utilities, general facilities, storage, and hydrocarbon logistics). The FID (Final Investment Decision) was made in Q2 2016 and the project is now in Execute Phase. As construction of the site progresses, the site is now growing to support Commissioning and Start-Up activities and prepare for full operation in the early 2020s.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Minimum five (5) years Electrical and Instrumentation or mechanical maintenance planning experience required.
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree in a related field.
- Knowledge of Maintenance Execution (ME) work process; particularly, planning, scheduling, and execution of work.
- Skilled in the use of GSAP.
- Skilled in use of MS-Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, MS-Project, or has ability to learn and use these tools.
- Strong electrical and instrumentation, mechanical, or rotating background.
- Able to conduct business conversations and communicate freely and effectively with all levels of the organization. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability as a Team Player. Willingly offer and accept challenge and feedback on job deliverables.
- Self-Starter. Able to perform work with little or no supervisor direction.
- Demonstrates the Company's Core Values: Values and Respects All People, Integrity, Customer Focus, Excellence and Acts for the Greater Whole.
- Able to manage multiple tasks.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.