The Site is located in the Pittsburgh, PA area (Monaca, PA).? Not only are we building a world-class asset, we're building a world-class asset organization.? This position is critical to the mission of team, and this will promise to be a once-in-a-lifetime experience.?
The position will initially report to the Polyethylene Area Maintenance Manager. The Maintenance Team is within a combined department consisting of: Engineering, Maintenance, Projects and Turnarounds.
Prior to commissioning and start up to, the Supervisor will: help hire his/her maintenance staff that have the both the skills and culture fit desired, support getting contracts in place, develop ways of working with Operations, and complete training and competency assessment of crafts.
The primary role of the Supervisor prior to startup will be to develop the work scope and resource plans for the Commissioning and Startup activities for the Polyethylene and Logistics units.
After startup the Supervisor will be responsible for executing all non-routine maintenance activities (including projects), planning outages/turnarounds, and supporting major maintenance activities.
The Supervisor will be the line manager, with line accountabilities (safety, budget, etc.) for a Planner and a Maintenance Team Lead who will be leading Shell and contract crafts based on the requirements (scope/scale) of the various activities being executed.
- Plan, schedule, and execute all non-routine maintenance activities (including projects), planning outages/turnarounds, and supporting major maintenance activities.
- Responsible for safety, schedule attainment, resource management, quality, and budget for all executed work.
- Identify any delays that would prevent schedule attainment.
- Ensure employee/craft issues (absenteeism, vacation, grievances, productivity, hourly performance evaluations) are addressed through Maintenance Team Leads
- Promote craft flexibility.
- Maintaining an understanding of standards and codes that pertain to their specific disciplines (EG&GS's, ANSI, NEC, NFPA, etc.).
- Understand control framework requirements related to daily work (lifting & hoisting, excavation, etc.)
- Ensure all aspects of Safety, Environmental, and Quality are being met.
- Identifying and justifying the need to adjust staffing levels by working with the Area Maintenance Manager. Participates in the hiring process by interviewing prospective employees.
- Understanding, supporting and applying Shell's Asset Management System manuals and recommended practices for best in class results.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with technical assurance and maintenance procedures.
- Providing performance evaluations, ranking/rating and career planning for dedicated maintenance personnel. The Supervisor is expected to champion the Positive Discipline program and use coaching and counseling techniques to develop the maintenance effectiveness skills of the craftspeople.
- Setting the tone and safety culture will be a big component of this role to ensure a personal and continuous care around the safety of anyone at site.
- Relentless focus on continuous improvement, working closely with craftspeople and solicits input from all team members on opportunities for improvement.
- Along with the craftspeople, the Supervisor will constantly look for opportunities to improve cost effectiveness.
- Provide feedback from work to the Reliability Centered Maintenance focal point to improve preventative maintenance plans, optimize craft time, and drive reliability.
TRAINING & CRAFT DEVELOPMENT
- Assuring the craftspeople have the proper skills to manage and execute the work they are assigned. The Supervisor works with the Maintenance Team Leads and technical disciplines to develop training plans to supplement weak areas, improve techniques/skills and introduce new equipment.
- Ensure all documentation is maintained, history is being captured, and any feedback is effectively being utilized. Be prepared for audits of this documentation.
- Improving maintenance strategies for run and maintain issues (pull, repair in place, design improvements, etc.).
- Work and/or assist to eliminate bad actors by repair, replacement, or re-engineering. Much of this will be to drive the craft to recognize repeat issues and understand the root cause of issues. Guide and coach craft to use Causal Reasoning, whether it be for everyday troubleshooting or as feedback to engineers or production.
- Understanding the maintenance budget and working with the Operations Maintenance Coordinators (OMC) and Area Maintenance Manager to meet these budgets. They should be able to identify and explain any discrepancy with their budget. Provide support to maintenance manager for budget planning. Must demonstrate fiscal responsibility by being aware of and supportive of maintenance budget and cost performance expectations. Ensure all aspects of Safety, Environmental, and Quality are being met.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
The Pennsylvania Chemical Plant, formerly known as Project Franklin, will be a world-scale petrochemical plant in Western Pennsylvania that upgrades locally-produced ethane from Marcellus and Utica shale formations gas production to make polyethylene.? The petrochemical complex will consist of a world-scale Ethane Cracker Unit (ECU), multiple polyethylene (PE) units, PE logistics and supporting OSBL (utilities, general facilities, storage, and hydrocarbon logistics). The FID (Final Investment Decision) was made in Q2 2016 and the project is now in Execute Phase. As construction of the site progresses, the site is now growing to support Commissioning and Start-Up activities and prepare for full operation in the early 2020s.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Minimum ten (10) years field or maintenance experience with pertinent engineering or project management experience required
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree in a related field.
- Experience in planning, scheduling, and executed all non-routine maintenance activities (including projects), planning outages/turnarounds, and supporting major maintenance activities.
- ?Knowledge on safety, schedule attainment, resource management, quality, and budget for all executed work.
- Expertise in control framework requirements related to daily work (lifting & hoisting, excavation, etc.)
- Skilled in the use of GSAP.
- Skilled in use of MS-Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, MS-Project, or has ability to learn and use these tools.
- Strong electrical and instrumentation, mechanical, or rotating background.
- Able to conduct business conversations and communicate freely and effectively with all levels of the organization. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability as a Team Player. Willingly offer and accept challenge and feedback on job deliverables.
- Self-Starter. Able to perform work with little or no supervisor direction.
- Demonstrates the Company's Core Values: Values and Respects All People, Integrity, Customer Focus, Excellence and Acts for the Greater Whole.
- Able to manage multiple tasks.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.