Skills: Construction Manager
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: CAD60 - CAD80 per hour
Location: Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, is currently seeking a Pipeline Construction Manager for a contract role. This role is based in Grande Prairie, however the individual needs to have a vehicle and able to travel around Western Canada on a 6/1.
The main function of the Pipeline Construction Site Manager/Supervisor is to coordinate and monitor Contractors' activities to ensure compliance with the Contract as relates to Scope, project standards, specifications and design drawings. Represents Husky Energy to the contractors and provides direction and support to facilitate the safe and efficient execution of the work
• Responsible for HSE and overall site security.
• Responsible for the safe and efficient performance of all construction activities, in compliance with construction contracts, specifications, IFC drawings and for completion of all works within the budget and schedule constraints.
• Responsible for the coordination of day-to-day site activities, including coordinating with CMT, construction contractors and Operations.
• Attending construction progress meetings.
• Reporting construction progress on a regular basis and any issues / constraints that may impact construction activities, safety, construction costs and construction schedule.
• Reviews and makes final recommendations to the Project Manager for change requests and RFIs, and submits these requests to the Project Manager for review prior to giving site approval.
• Responsible for the inventory and management of free-issue material.
• Responsible for overseeing overall field quality control and H&S activities and for compliance with project / site Quality Control and H&S procedures.
• Responsible for attending and reviewing incident investigations, including HSE related violations.
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
• Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word etc.)
• Estimating and Scheduling programs (Timberline, Primavera etc.)
• NDE Processes (Welding RT/UT)
• General knowledge of common codes and standards (B33.1/CSA Z662/ABSA)
• General knowledge of relevant codes and standards (ASME/Electrical Code/National Building Code/OH&S)
• Post Secondary Degree or Diploma
• Industry Specific safety training (H2S Alive, Ground Disturbance, CSTS etc.)
• Driver's License
• Supervisory experience in heavy industrial construction (minimum 10+ yrs
• Project Management experience in industrial projects
• Experience with remote worksites in the resource extraction industry
• Oil and Gas Operations, SAGD projects, pipeline construction, engineering
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.