Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer, Commissioning Engineer / HUC
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
WorleyParsons is currently recruiting for a Instrument Commissioning Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
Purpose / Role
- Accountable for the safe and timely preparation and execution of the project Instrument commissioning work scope, in adherence with project HSEQ safety targets, procedures and practices,
- Accountable for ensuring all instrument commissioning is carried out in accordance with project commissioning specifications, standards and procedures.
- Accountable for developing the project instrument commissioning strategy and approving instrument procedures - Accountable for ensuring instrument commissioning is carried out in accordance with project schedules and budget. Key aims and objectives
- To play an active role in ensuring that all project HSE goals are achieved and where possible exceeded.
- To process safe completion of designated instrument commissioning activities in line with the project schedule and milestones in a consistent and timely manner.
- To assist in maintenance of the project budget through dillegence and utilisation of efficient and working practices. Prime responsibilities and duties
- Supervise the safe completion of the project instrument pre-commissioning/commissioning work-scope
- Supervise and support the project Instrument Commissioning Team.
- Provide Fire & Gas input into project instrument system design during the project design phase.
- Provide instrument commissioning input to the project plans and schedules
- Develop project instrument commissioning strategy documents - Review/approve and supervise the design and installation of minor temporary instrument systems / supplies - Review and approve instrument commissioning procedures
- Ensure compliance with project standards, specifications and procedures.
- Ensure all instrument commissioning activities adhere to all applicable site / project safety procedures and practices.
- Actively participate in all company and project safety initiatives.
- Liaise with the instrument engineering office to ensure that the electrical fabrication drawings are produced in line with commissioning requirements.
- Audit site/project instrument activities on a regular basis to ensure all compliance with project safety, environmental, and quality requirements,
- Monitor and report instrument commissioning progress on a regular basis
- Approve all instrument system/sub-system mechanical completion, pre-commissioning and commissioning sign-off certificates/milestones
- Ensure a safe Instrument Permit to Work and isolation system is in place and adhered to.
- Manage/attend project HAZID's / Risk Assessments
WorleyParsons delivers projects, provides expertise in engineering, procurement and construction and offers a wide range of consulting and advisory services. We cover the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets, in the hydrocarbons, mineral, metals, chemicals and infrastructure sectors. Our resources and energy are focused on responding to and meeting the needs of our customers over the long term and thereby creating value for our shareholders. WorleyParsons is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX:WOR).
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.