Job Description Purpose & Accountabilities :
Shell UK Exploration & Production's aspiration is to continue to deliver best-in-class production optimisation performance, to safely deliver our ambition of being the most competitive and resilient oil & gas business in the UKCS.
The Production Optimisation Analyst has responsibilities to support all production optimisation activities and related Production Technology scope for both the Shell-Operated and Non-operated fields in the UK. Dimensions :
The main purpose of the role is to :
- Gather, create, integrate and analyse performance data, communicating insights across multiple stakeholders (Asset Production Optimisation Leaders / Asset Managers / UK Leadership Team).
- Support the Asset Production Optimisation Leaders and their teams, plus working with related discipline engineers to deliver these activities (e.g. Well Engineering/Process Engineering).
- Interface and communicate with the Shell Group Production teams, based in The Hague, to supply key Production Optimisation business performance information (key stakeholders).
- Prepare information & insights, organise and drive regular reviews for deliverers for Production Optimisation performance (monthly frequency), on behalf of the UK Production Optimisation Lead.
- Maintain websites and knowledge sharing tools for the Production Optimisation community.
- Influence (without direct control) production optimisation expenditure in the order of $30-60m p.a. (Shell share). The aim is for Shell UK to continue to deliver best-in-class production optimisation performance, providing significant cashflow to the Shell Group. The successful candidate will be key to delivery of information & insights to support this ongoing goal.
- Support Production Optimisation Teams and Senior Production Technology staff on ongoing daily activities related to defined best practices (e.g. such as preparation of materials for Business Planning, Annual Reservoir/Well/Facility Reviews and related activities)
- Structure & drive collation of the annual Production Optimisation OPEX Business Plan submission.
- Manage & maintain our Production Optimisation Opportunity Management database (SAP-based).
- Support the drive to deliver ongoing well intervention-based Production Optimisation activities.
- Collate/Submit Production Optimisation KPIs and benchmarking data to the Shell Group & industry regulator (Oil & Gas Authority).
In addition to the Production Optimisation aspects of the position, the role also supports Production Technology functional work, related, but not limited, to;
- Ensuring up-to-date information are available for well annuli, activities performed on wells, Well Status Diagrams and Well Mechanical data, based on input from our corporate systems.
- Provide health-check reports for the status of reservoir and well related information for our emergency response systems.
- Collecting & evaluating field and well performance data:
- Provide data management support for the Production Technology IT Tools (e.g. PETEX Prosper) and related shared data areas, working with the Production Technologists to collate, prepare and summarise data used by the models.
- Liaise between Data Management and Production Technology teams to manage dissemination of information on new releases, application updates and relevant formal training.
- Assist with managing the Integrated Production System Model strategies for each field i.e. maintaining audit trail
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative oil and gas company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK's growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.Requirements Skills & Requirements :
As this important role requires the incumbent to prepare, analyse and present information & insights, the required skills are based on delivering this aspect, across boundaries and delivering without direct authority. Skills are required in the following areas :
- Practical experience in production optimisation in an asset, including opportunity identification and management
- Expertise in data analysis - especially reducing large data sets to simple insights and communications
- Strong integrator with cross-discipline experience
- Excellent communication skills and experience of influencing and delivering through others
- Credible, high energy, determined, 'can-do' mindset.
- Agile and flexible, adaptable in changing circumstances
- Excellent organisational skills, with an ability to prioritise responsibilities and self-manage workload.
- BSc level in Engineering or equivalent and experience in using Production Optimisation/Production Technology databases (e.g. SAP/PETEX etc) would be advantageous/preferred
- Fully proficient in Microsoft products (Word, Excel, OneNote and PowerPoint etc.)
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.