Experienced Analyzer professional that can support both routine run and maintain activities as well as project analyzer management support. The following will also be expected at a minimum for this position:
Providing advanced maintenance support to the Deer Park Maintenance organization for analyzer problems -
- Participate in the MOC (Management of Change) process, where applicable & sign as Technical Reviewer.
- Participate in Safety Environmental Operability Review's (SEOR) and Pre Start-up Safety Review's (PSSR), as required
- Identify analyzer bad actors and repeat problems via data provided by Maintenance and Operations
- Assists Inspectors and Specialists to troubleshoot analyzer problems as needed.
- Understand potential problems with older and obsolete analyzers and identify possible solutions
- Ensure and improve reliability of analyzer data systems
- Provide support of analyzer data systems including assisting Digital group in troubleshooting analyzer network.
- Identify and resolve long-term reoccurring problems.
- Work with and mentor Analyzer Inspectors in order to increase the level of understanding across the group.
- Conduct and support Internal and External audits.
- Determine analyzer equipment target performance and define acceptable control limits and validation schemes, schedules, and standards to be used.
- Develop and maintains evergreen 5-year analyzer replacement plans for obsolete analyzers.
- Assure compliance to DEPS and site-specific requirements.
- Work with Operations, Environmental, Business and other site disciplines as needed to address their long-term analyzer needs and recommends appropriate solution.
- Develop and maintain analyzer Quality System Plans (QSP) / ISO documents and work-processes.
- Review and optimize analyzer performance, review analyzer PM's and validation schedules.
- Lead root cause analysis studies on analyzer related problems.
- Support analyzer related turnaround activities such as work letter planning and assisting with shutting down and restarting analyzers.
- Represent Analyzer Technical Group in MTA and Reliability Meetings.
The Analyzer Engineer / Senior Specialist will report to the Instrumentation and Process Control (I&PC) Department within the Technology organization at Shell Deer Park.
Maintenance will provide the day-to-day maintenance support for the installed base of analyzers. However the Engineer / Senior Specialist will be expected to provide technical assistance to maintenance if the problem is escalated via the Level 1/2/3 support process.
The Analyzer Engineer / Senior Specialist will not have any direct reports but will be expected to provide technical guidance to the other Analyzer inspectors and technicians.Company Description
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- BS in Physical Sciences/Engineering or Associates in Analyzer, Electrical, or Instrumentation with demonstrated leadership, knowledge and practical analyzer related work experience.
- At least ten (10) years of experience in commissioning, operating and maintenance of sample conditioning systems and associated process analyzers.
- Experience in analyzer maintenance execution and project support.
- Extensive knowledge of industry standards in Analyzer/QMI area.
- Experience in a refining and chemicals operations is preferred.
- Good work planning skills; mainly around scheduling and optimizing Analyzer PMs.
- Good communication skills (Oral/Written).
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.