Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Programming & Database, IT - Software Development
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Information Technology Group
Transocean is focused on being the employer of choice for the drilling industry.
We are challenging ourselves every day to push the performance of the company through technological advances and passion for our work.
Major focus It is responsible for architecting, managing, supporting and providing improvements to all aspects of Microsoft Active Directory (AD) Technology to insure integrity, and availability of Transocean systems, authentication, authorization and LDAP related services to internal as well external customers. Increase focus on scripting and automation skills.
In this team lead role, you will have the opportunity to manage enterprise projects from inception through implementation. Your broad responsibilities will include, working with various groups and stakeholders in transforming the requirements into architecture and design documents, providing best practices guidance and developing delivery process.
This vital role requires both deep and wide Microsoft technology experience in ability to design and implement Microsoft and related Cloud technology solutions utilizing Microsoft System Center, Azure Active Directory, Citrix XenApp, Xendesktop and others. This role requires a passionate technically strong individual with diverse Microsoft competencies who is resourceful, confident under pressure, and has demonstrated skill in both IT Infrastructure Design and Deployment.
12 years of related systems engineering experience.
Candidates should have a firm knowledge/understanding of:
• Active Directory Replication (Sites/Site-Links/Bridgehead),
• Active Directory Maintenance (5,000+ user environment)
• Active Directory Troubleshooting (object backup/restore, disaster recovery)
• Active Directory Multi Forest Management within Trusts (one-way/two-way)
• Domain Consolidation and Domain Migration
• Group Policy Management, Troubleshooting, Design. (100+ Policy environment)
• Must have hands-on support experience with Windows 2008R2, 2012 (GUI and Core) Server Privileged Access Management and Access Control (Role Based Access Control)
• Implementations of Microsoft Single Sign-on and Identity solutions (ADFS, Azure AD Connect, MIM, etc.)
• Assisting with planning, deploying and migrating users to Office 365, Exchange Online, Azure AD and other cloud-based solutions including moving critical data, processes, and archives
• Provide 3rd-level support for an enterprise-wide Microsoft Windows distributed server platform, including related technologies such as Certificate Services, IIS, Clustering, etc
•Expert level; experience with Scripting (PowerShell, VB, Pearl, etc.) to manage and automate complex system tasks and automation
• Plan, Document, Maintain and Coordinate the Disaster Recovery plan as well as conducting annual failover testing
• Communicates complex technical concepts effectively to a broad group of stakeholders
• Collaborate with other teams in improving communication and teamwork to drive efficiencies and improvements
• Ability to articulate architectural differences between solution methods and the challenges and approaches to integrating solutions built on different platforms
• Strong documentation and record keeping skills, with extreme attention to the development and maintenance of, as well as following documented Standard Operating Procedures.
• Extensive experience with infrastructure and server theories, principles and concepts; application infrastructure and standards; networking fundamentals; Windows; Physical Server architecture; Virtualization Technologies (e.g. VMware, Nutanix) and LAN/WAN/Firewall/VPN network technologies.
• Develop documents and enforces the standards, security procedures, and controls for access to ensure integrity of the Windows Systems, Active Directory, and related systems
• Demonstrate experience in designing, implementing, and managing highly available and scalable infrastructure for large enterprises (physical, virtual, and cloud)
• Demonstrate experience designing, implementing, and managing Converged and Hyper Converged infrastructure
- Assisting with planning, deploying and migrating users to Office 365, Exchange Online, Azure AD and other cloud-based solutions including moving critical data, processes, and archives
- Develop and enhance enterprise Microsoft Windows Server and Active Directory engineering standards for a multi-site organization, including operating system and authentication protocols.
• Demonstrating broad, in-depth, and up-to-date working knowledge in the areas of complex applications for global delivery using System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
• Work closely with team to develop structures and architecture design strategies to satisfy client requirements and further develop service standardization / delivery
Preferred Candidates will also have experience in the following technologies:
• AD/Azure AD
• Windows Servers
If you want to push yourself to great achievement, let Transocean develop your career.
No matter where in the world Transocean people are working, we are all pioneers at heart. We don’t shrink from challenges. They inspire us. Which is why we’ve been a company of firsts since our inception. Although we come from different countries, cultures and backgrounds, we’re united by our shared pursuit of excellence. We value the different perspectives represented throughout our organization, recognizing that our people are our most valuable asset.
In today’s competitive environment, when Transocean has asked our employees to embrace a performance culture that requires us to constantly seek improvement no matter how productive we are, our team has risen to the occasion. And in fact, they are changing the way we operate. If you are motivated by a work environment that consistently challenges you, one where you can have an impact that is felt on every rig and on the bottom lines of both Transocean and our customers, we encourage you to browse our available positions below and at www.deepwater.com/our-people
Transocean has received reports of unauthorized individuals falsely advertising or promising job opportunities and supporting their claims with forged documents. These individuals ask for money to cover processing fees, visas, work permits, etc. Transocean's hiring process does not include unsolicited offers of employment or require payment. We will only contact you if you have applied for employment through our website at: www.deepwater.com, or had contact with one of our local recruiting or field offices. We also have received reports of unauthorized solicitations of business or vendor quotes, which may request pricing and other commercial details. Please do not respond to any requests unless you can verify the origin of the request. Transocean communicates with its vendors using a vendor portal or direct communication with a designated Transocean representative known by vendors. Transocean will never ask you to send banking information by email. If you suspect fraud, we would encourage you to report such activity to your local police authorities.