Company: Targa Resources Inc
Skills: Plant Operations Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Pettus, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota & Louisiana. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking a I/E Developmental Technician for their facility located in Tuleta, TX.
Job Duties / Responsibilities
• Learn and understand Targa's Safety Policies and Procedures and Business Ethics Policies. Plan and perform all assignments in a safe manner by utilizing the proper tools, safety and environmental precautions and reporting, permitting, and Process Safety Management, and have a basic knowledge of the effect his work will have on his co-workers and the plant and field operations. (Verification of understanding will be completed using the training checklist
• Work with co-workers in the response to emergency situations requiring coordination, equipment or plant shutdown, and/or evacuation
• Utilize proper Lockout/Tag out operating and safety procedures
• Ability to work and train in all facility departments and work multiple schedules if required
• Maintain PM/Calibration records
• Ability to work under DOT,OQ, USCG and PSM regulations
• Meet continuing guidelines as part of the Dev. Tec Program.
• Work schedule is Monday - Friday 8hr days
Minimum Essential Qualifications
• High School Diploma or Equivalency
• Valid drivers license
• Able to obtain a valid TWIC card
• Able to lift push - pull a min of 70#
• Able to work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing and standing
• Able to pass I&E Technician proficiency test
• Able to work as a member of a diverse work group / team
• Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors; able to work in a self-directed work team.
• Ability to learn all Microsoft Office software modules, including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
• Must work with a minimum of supervision and be able to manage their time when given multiple tasks.
• Must be able to climb with no fear of hights or tight spaces
• Self-starter with mechanical aptitude
• Works with minimal supervision and able to manage time when given multiple task
• Job occasionally requires work over water
• Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays and able to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objectives and the ability to work abnormal work shifts for plant conditions
• Basic understanding of computer programs
• 1+ years in the gas processing or related business
• Two year associates degree- electrical /maintenance /operations with experience in the construction or petrochemical industry
• Understanding and use of test equipment
• Basic understanding of instrumentation devices
• Read and understand P&ID's and ISA Symbols
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers/careers-overview
This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.