The Civil Technical Support Engineer
will function as the lead civil/structural authority for Scotford, providing civil inspection and design support for capital projects, infrastructure maintenance, and run and maintain. Primarily the support will be provided directly, but in some cases, it will be in the form of an oversight role of contract civil inspection and design work produced by external engineering and inspection firms.
Accountabilities also include:
- Establish, coordinate and support the Scotford civil asset integrity program and identify investment opportunities for the preservation of the civil/structural infrastructure.
- Leverage innovation to deliver affordable and viable civil/structural programs and implementation plans which support running Scotford as a business.
- Perform front-end project development, design review, field support, and QA inspection of new and existing facilities.
- Provide deep Technical expertise in the areas of Civil/Structural design, troubleshooting, and maintenance; driving process safety, reliability and production through strong assurance and proactive problem solving.
- Provides Technical Assurance for Civil/Structural activities at Scotford.
- Technical support for maintenance of roads, buildings, drainage, and other civil infrastructure.
- Provide technical support to maintenance and inspection staff in operating units, including reliability and integrity reviews of civil infrastructure.
- Participate in technical development activities and updating of civil/structural design specifications and standards.
- Champions compliance to global and site standards in collaboration with MSE, P&T and Global work process focal points to deliver the intended performance.
- Owns and audits Civil/Structural site documents and work processes to ensure compliance to corporate and industry standards.
- Increase the networking of best practices throughout the community of Civil Engineer.
- Provide technical assurance oversight of contract civil inspectors and engineers.
- Identify and prioritize civil and structural issues and develop capital and expense investment plans.
- Provides technical expertise and guidance to PEI staff assigned to the physical assets to ensure their assigned assets are operated in a safe, environmentally sound and reliable manner in accordance with the license to operate and the defined safe operating envelope.
- Collaborate with PEI supervisors in identifying training needs and developing training plans for the PEI team to meet individual development requirements.
Other role dimensions:
- Member of the PEI Leadership team.
- Reports to the PEI Manager.
- Significant influence on OPEX/CAPEX Budgets.
- Contractor management.
- Supervision and development of new grad.
- Coaches and supports PEI Supervisors.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to PEI staff.
- Active member of Civil community.
- Interacts with other TSE roles.
- Active member of the TA2 Network.
- Supports Projects and Execution teams.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In Canada, we have operated for over a century and are a major producer and marketer of oil, gas and petrochemicals, Canada's largest producer of sulphur and a significant oil sands developer. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada without sponsorship.
- Engineering Degree or Technology diploma.
- 15+ years experience in Civil Engineering.
- Prior hands on experience of overseeing daily reliability, safety and maintenance on all civil infrastructures within industrial production environment such as Petro Chemical, fertilizer manufacturing, power generation, etc.
- Skill with IMS/SRBI.
- Knowledge of civil and structural design codes and standards.
- Strong networking and communication capability to support customers.
- Ability to decipher ambiguous data and articulate the meaning.
- Personal initiative and ability to prioritize.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.