Skills: Subsea Engineer, Maintenance Manager
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Offshore Maintenance Group
Transocean is focused on being the employer of choice for the drilling industry.
We are challenging ourselves every day to push the performance of the company through technological advances and passion for our work.
Assist the Subsea Supervisor with the maintenance and repair of all subsea systems and associated surface equipment, riser tensioning system, and drill string compensation systems onboard the rig.
Reports to the Senior Subsea Supervisor or Subsea Supervisor
PREREQUISITES / QUALIFICATIONS:
• High school diploma or equivalent. Work experience and demonstrated ability of oral and written communications may be substituted in lieu of formal education.
• Valid medical examination and vaccination certificates
• Knowledge of all technical calculations required for the subsea operation of the drilling unit and basic computer skills
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with maintaining the Blow Out Preventer (BOP), Diverter, and associated subsea equipment in accordance with the Rig Maintenance System (RMS) guidelines - Authority II
- Operate and pressure test the BOP on the surface and on the seabed as required - Authority III
- Assist the Subsea Supervisor in the running and recovery of the BOP and Marine Riser equipment - Authority II
- Assemble, install, and nipple down the BOP and all well control equipment as required - Authority III
- Assist in operating, maintenance and repair of subsea BOP control system, i.e. surface BOP or multiplex electro-hydraulic control systems - Authority II
- Operate, maintain and test hydraulic connectors. Maintain BOP handling equipment, testing equipment and wellhead equipment - Authority III
- Operate and service the bridge cranes and related hoisting equipment. Service the drill string compensator as required - Authority III
- Service and test the riser pipe system. Operate and maintain the diverter system and the diverter running and handling tools - Authority III
- Assist in running and testing the wellhead, casing hangers and seal assemblies. Operate and maintain the wellhead running and retrieval test tools - Authority II
- Assist in monitoring and maintaining the riser tensioner, guidelines and pod line tensioners if applicable - Authority II
- Maintain accurate daily log sheets relevant to the subsea equipment. Maintain records of BOP and associated equipment tests - Authority II
- Assist in maintaining records of inspection and certification of subsea equipment - Authority II
- Maintain an adequate supply of spares in order to fulfill maintenance requirements - inform the Subsea Supervisor when there is need to reorder - Authority II
- Calculate and record ton-miles on wire ropes. Slip and cut according to the agreed program - Authority II
- Ensure supervisors are informed of any issues relating to the subsea equipment, which may affect the safe and efficient running of operations - Authority I
- Comply with the permit to work and isolation system - Authority II
- Assist in supplying information for maintenance and repair budget - Authority II
- Assist in communicating equipment problems or breakdown with Field Support group and equipment vendor - Authority II
- Incorporate the THINK planning process into all tasks, whether working alone or as part of a team - Authority I
- Participate daily in START Process - Authority I
- Apply START Monitoring during the execution of planned tasks - Authority I
- Call a Time Out for Safety (TOFS) whenever an unplanned hazard or a change in the expected results is observed - Authority I
- Ensure adherence to all relevant safety procedures and practices during subsea maintenance work, in accordance to the Company HS manual - Authority I
- Report any incidents, potential hazards or abnormal situations to supervisor and other department heads - Authority I
- Respond to emergency situations as per designation on station bill - Authority I
- Actively participate in weekly safety meetings and pre tour meetings as required - Authority I
- Assist in preparing Safety Analysis for hazardous situations - Authority II
- Demonstrate commitment to the Company's safety policies through leadership and guidance - Authority I
- Assist in ensuring a high standard of hygiene and housekeeping is maintained onboard the rig - Authority I
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements for environmental protection - Authority I
- Meet the training requirements as per the applicable training matrix - Authority I
- Participate fully in the annual performance appraisal process - Authority I
- Assist in training the Subsea Trainee - Authority I
If you want to push yourself to great achievement, let Transocean develop your career.
No matter where in the world Transocean people are working, we are all pioneers at heart. We don’t shrink from challenges. They inspire us. Which is why we’ve been a company of firsts since our inception. Although we come from different countries, cultures and backgrounds, we’re united by our shared pursuit of excellence. We value the different perspectives represented throughout our organization, recognizing that our people are our most valuable asset.
In today’s competitive environment, when Transocean has asked our employees to embrace a performance culture that requires us to constantly seek improvement no matter how productive we are, our team has risen to the occasion. And in fact, they are changing the way we operate. If you are motivated by a work environment that consistently challenges you, one where you can have an impact that is felt on every rig and on the bottom lines of both Transocean and our customers, we encourage you to browse our available positions below and at www.deepwater.com/our-people
Transocean has received reports of unauthorized individuals falsely advertising or promising job opportunities and supporting their claims with forged documents. These individuals ask for money to cover processing fees, visas, work permits, etc. Transocean's hiring process does not include unsolicited offers of employment or require payment. We will only contact you if you have applied for employment through our website at: www.deepwater.com, or had contact with one of our local recruiting or field offices. We also have received reports of unauthorized solicitations of business or vendor quotes, which may request pricing and other commercial details. Please do not respond to any requests unless you can verify the origin of the request. Transocean communicates with its vendors using a vendor portal or direct communication with a designated Transocean representative known by vendors. Transocean will never ask you to send banking information by email. If you suspect fraud, we would encourage you to report such activity to your local police authorities.