Alaska, United States
Alaska, United States
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Alaska, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Performs welding of pipe, flanges and various fittings for fabrication or repair of machine parts, plant equipment and structures according to layout, blueprints or work orders using various welding processes.
Essential Job Functions
- Constructs, maintains and modifies piping systems and process equipment related to petrochemical or other industry by welding of pipe, flanges and various fittings using applicable.
- Welding techniques and processes required to produce.
- Welds that meet applicable codes and client requirements.
- Measures pipe routing and draft pipe configuration.
- Perform repair, prep, grinding and re-weld procedures on pipe to meet proper welding codes.
- Completes records, maintains tools and equipment, and performs various cleanup and housekeeping activities.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability
- Knowledge of the AWS, ANSI and ASME codes.
- Knowledge of operation of welding equipment, beveling machines, electrodes, fluxes, shielding gasses and welding processes GMAW, SMAW.
- Knowledge of the various size and grades of welding electrodes, the proper use of electrodes and welding processes, the appearance of a proper fit-up and the appearance of properly cleaned and prepared surface.
- Ability to properly use and care for the tools and equipment and welding electrodes commonly used on an industrial project.
- Ability to read, understand engineering prints.
Qualifications / Certifications
- 3 years' experience in pipe welding and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Required to pass X ray weld tests upon offer. Tests include Vertical & Overhead and Pipe Tests-XXH wall.
- North Slope Training Cooperative (NSTC) safety training certification preferred. CITS accepted.
- Petrochemical, oilfield or arctic experience preferred.
- Must be able to pass client required back ground check.
- Degree Required-High School or GED.