Skills: Project Management, Project Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Westside, Iowa, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Location: Houston, TX
Duration: 2+ year contract assignment. 12-18 months in Houston before transitioning to site.
The Project Engineer performs in a complex project environment, integrating and aligning combined resources, expertise, and experience to ensure that the design, procurement, construction and commissioning of the project is successfully completed.
- Support project development and execution by effectively managing safety, quality, cost and schedule
- Assist Project Manager in all project development and execution phases
- Responsible for effective and efficient management and implementation of the project focusing on correct procedures, best practices, and project specific standards to ensure suitability and cost effective solutions
- Responsible for stewarding contractor's performance, engaging/aligning key stakeholders, engaging discipline engineers and expert resources to complete to assigned scope consistent with the Project Objectives.
- Assist in the development of Project Execution plan and ensure it addresses proactive control of project scope, quality, cost and schedule. Report on progress, identify deviations, forecast trends, take corrective actions when necessary, promote communications, and coordinate the activities of all participants on the project
- Serve as interface between Project Management Team and contractor
- Monitor and appraise contractor's performance and recommend corrective actions where deficiencies are detected
- Review and endorse MOC's for designated scope and ensures implementation of change
- Ensure smooth transitions between project stages and between key stakeholders
- Provide guidance to ensure that the Detailed Engineering Package, MTO, and Construction Package & Procedures, Construction Management, Mechanical Completion & Pre-Commissioning, PSSR, and Commissioning Support are delivered according to procedures and standards.
- Provide oversight for the formal and systematic development of scope, schedule, responsibility, quality, and cost on task-by-task basis to allocate responsibility and focus on project goals.
- Provide guidance to ensure compliance with all technical procedures and standards as applicable to the contract.
- B.S. in Engineering
- 10 years of experience in the petrochemicals sector
- 5+ years of project management experience
- Multibillion dollar project experience
- Owner/Operator experience is preferred
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.