Skills: Maintenance Technician, Field Service Tech, Mechanical Technician
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Casper, Wyoming, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Overview: Installs, services, and repairs equipment and machinery at customer locations.
Facility Overview: Responsible for performing basic to advanced maintenance, new equipment installations, and troubleshooting actions either in the shop or field.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
Essential functions may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list of tasks is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.
- Reviews quotes, installation and repair plans to ensure a thorough understanding of customer needs and the parts and process required to address the need.
- Explains installation service or repair plans of new surface equipment to include jet pumps and engines. Invoices customers; discusses cost or time overruns with team leader or manager. • Executes installations, repair, or service plans and documents results.
- Creates product failure analysis reports.
- Develops good working relationships with customers through professional communication. Respond to customer calls and assist with technical questions. • Knows and complies with all safety policies and procedures.
- Contributes to the department continuous improvement culture. • Maintains confidentiality of all matters.
- Other duties as required.
Facility Specific Additions to Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Troubleshoots, repairs and component parts of surface equipment, hydraulic lifts and jet pumps. •
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections and maintenance, road calls and on-the-road repairs. •
- Responds to customer calls and assist with technical questions.
- Participate with on call rotation for the facility, as required by the business.
- Maintains a clean and well-organized work area.
Education, Licensing, and Certifications:
Required Two year technical degree or equivalent education and/or experience. Valid driver's license in state of residence required.
Facility Specific Additions to Education, Licensing, and Certifications
Required Four or more years of relevant experience in the oil and gas industry.
Facility Specific Additions to Experience Required
Four years of experience as a field service technician troubleshooting and repairing surface equipment, hydraulic lifts, and jet pumps.
Basic understanding of down hole pumps and completions.
Working knowledge of multi cylinder engines.
Automation experience a plus.
Competencies, Skills, and Knowledge:
• Strong mechanical skills - Perform mechanical field maintenance work to ensure optimal availability and reliability of artificial lift equipment.
• Good oral and written communication skills - Expresses thoughts clearly, both orally and in writing, using good grammar. Listens to understand input, feedback and concerns. Provides complete information in an open, honest and straightforward manner. Responds promptly and positively to questions and requests.
• Good analytical and critical thinking skills - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Good organizational and time management skills, with the ability to work with minimal supervision - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
• Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite - Picks up on technical things quickly; can learn new skills and knowledge is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge; does well in technical courses and seminars.
Facility Specific Additions to Competencies, Skills, and Knowledge:
• Ability to troubleshoot customer issues - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
• Ensures accountability - Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and achieves results with little oversight.
• Strong safety focus - Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
Training Requirements (upon hire):
Facility Specific Additions to Training Requirements: Company sponsored safety and compliance training.
Pre-Employment Requirements: Drug and alcohol test Criminal background check Education and certification check
Facility Specific Additions to Pre-Employment Requirements:
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. • Must be able to lift and carry 25lbs regularly, and 50lbs occasionally. • Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. • The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. • The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. • Employee is required to occasionally walk in customer field locations which may include inclines, uneven surfaces, and a variety of weather conditions. • Employee must be able to regularly bend, stoop, crawl, lay down, twist and push. • Employee is required to wear appropriate personal protective equipment including but not limited to shoes/boots, hard hats, or respirators.
Facility Specific Additions to Physical Requirements:
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Some work is accomplished indoors and in air conditioned or well ventilated facilities.
- Work may include visits to customer office or field locations.
- Work may require visits to customer field locations in a variety of weather and temperature conditions.
We offer the oil & gas industry tomorrow’s technology, today. We’re a team of constant questioners and tireless innovators, empowered by a comprehensive portfolio of standard-setting wellsite technology. We get up every morning driven to fuel our partners in the field and better the world we all live in. Life runs on energy – let’s unlock it together.