Watford City, North Dakota, United States
Watford City, North Dakota, United States
Skills: Business Development, Sales, Field Service Tech
Other Skills: Marketing
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Watford City, North Dakota, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Facility Specific Overview:
Promotes and markets products and services geared toward production within oil and gas companies. Using technical knowledge of products and services, manages customer relationships to achieve sales goals, and executes sales plans within an assigned sales territory or account. Majority of time is spent selling and supporting customers with equipment needs, evaluation and optimization, with focus on maintaining and growing current account base. Consistently represents the company in a professional and service-oriented manner.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
Essential functions may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list of tasks is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.
- Using technical knowledge of products and services to sell, deliver, install and maintain company products and services by developing new prospects and accounts.
- Develops schematics and high-level plans implementing company products and services to address customer needs; provides technical information and explanations of products and services to customers and prospects to support the selling process.
- Achieves sales targets and ensures customer satisfaction; researches and provides forecasting for sales activities in the assigned sales territory or account.
- Develops strong customer relationships.
- Conducts negotiations according to company guidelines.
- Identifies, researches, and contacts prospective customers and builds positive relationships that will generate future sales and repeat business. • Responds to customer concerns about the company and its products.
- Knows and enforces compliance with all safety policies and procedures.
- Drives and contributes to the department continuous improvement culture.
- Effectively uses sales tools and processes to promote an efficient and effective sales process.
- Maintains confidentiality of all matters.
- Other duties as required.
Facility Specific Additions to Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Responsible for accurate accounting of warehouse, consignment and truck inventories.
Education, Licensing, and Certifications:
Required Associate's degree or technical degree in Engineering, Science, or related field or equivalent education and/or experience. Valid driver's license in state of residence required.
Preferred Four year college or university degree in Engineering, Science, or related field.
Required Four or more years of relevant experience. Experience in the oil and gas industry.
Facility Specific Additions to Experience Preferred
- Plunger Lift sales, installation and automation experience.
- Familiar with the installation, programming and troubleshooting of short-range radio communications.
Competencies, Skills, and Knowledge:
• Strong oral and written communication skills - Expresses thoughts clearly, both orally and in writing, using good grammar. Listens to understand input, feedback and concerns. Provides complete information in an open, honest and straightforward manner. Responds promptly and positively to questions and requests.
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Strong negotiation skills - Effectively exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
• Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to work with minimal supervision - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite - Picks up on technical things quickly; can learn new skills and knowledge is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge; does well in technical courses and seminars.
• Ability to use a customer relationship management (CRM) system (i.e. SalesForce.com) - Picks up on technical things quickly; can learn new skills and knowledge is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge; does well in technical courses and seminars.
Facility Specific Additions to Competencies, Skills, and Knowledge
- Strong motivation to learn the plunger and gas lift automation installation business - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Ability to troubleshoot customer issues - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Strong safety focus - IdentifyFacility Specific Additions to Training Requirements ing and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
Drug and alcohol test Criminal background check Education and certification check
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Employee is required to regularly walk in customer field locations which may include inclines, uneven surfaces, and a variety of weather conditions.
- Employee is required to wear appropriate personal protective equipment including but not limited to shoes/boots, hard hats, or respirators.
Facility Specific Additions to Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to lift and carry 80 lbs regularly, and 100 lbs occasionally..
- Ability to spend long periods of time driving, sitting, kneeling, crouching, climbing, lifting, reaching, pulling, and carry heavy loads. Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Some work is accomplished indoors and in air conditioned or well ventilated facilities.
- Work will include regular visits to customer office or field locations.
- Work will require visits to customer field locations in a variety of weather and temperature conditions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required by you in this position, and they are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of your required responsibilities, duties, or skills. Duties may increase, decrease, and/or change as deemed necessary to support the department or organization's operations. These statements may be modified periodically by the Company.
We offer the oil & gas industry tomorrow’s technology, today. We’re a team of constant questioners and tireless innovators, empowered by a comprehensive portfolio of standard-setting wellsite technology. We get up every morning driven to fuel our partners in the field and better the world we all live in. Life runs on energy – let’s unlock it together.