Skills: Electrical Engineering, Software Specialist
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further.... We are probing for individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable and are ready to work in a fast paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
• About Nabors
Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advance drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
• Nabors Drilling Solutions is an oil and gas service company and a division of Nabors Drilling Technologies USA, Inc. With offices in Alaska, North Dakota, North East, Wyoming, East/South/and West Texas, we are positioned to service both the North American and International marketplaces. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding and looking for a qualified Robotics and Automation Software Engineer.
Be a part of a team developing investigating new techniques to automate drilling equipment to improve safety and efficiency of a drilling process. Work on new algorithms and methods for motion planning, 3D sensing, collision detection, avoidance and machine control. Technically challenging environment with an excellent track record of creating new intellectual property through patents and trade secrets.
• Design robotic software systems, such as automatic pipe handling equipment, automated drilling.
• Design software for electromechanical equipment or systems, and advanced displays, advanced sensing, robotic platforms, computer vision.
• Design software to control robotic systems for applications related to the drilling industry using robotic platforms, open source or commercial.
• Research and develop new algorithms and methods for collision detection and avoidance.
• Conduct research into effective, optimized path planning with advanced collision detection and/collision avoidance algorithms.
• Conduct research on robotic software technology to create new robotic systems or system capabilities.
• Degree in Electrical, Mechanical engineering, or Computer Science with related practical experience in robotics.
• 10 years of experience in designing and implementing machine controls systems, using PLC or embedded controllers.
• 5 years of experience in Robotics software platforms.
• Knowledge of C, C++, LabView, .Net
• Ability to work in a realtime operating system such as realtime linux
• Working knowledge of robotics platforms.
• MS Degree in Mechatronics Engineering.
• Working knowledge of machine vision, 3D sensing, object detection
• Working knowledge of Robotics platforms
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
• Well organized and self-paced
• Ability to interact with engineers and field operational staff to gather information required for analysis
• Effective time management
• Experience with dynamic system analysis, feedback control systems (PID Control, MFA)
• Experience with modeling/statistical software such as Simulink, R, MATLAB Machine Learning Toolbox.
• Familiar with microcontrollers, PLC, sensor technology, machine vision, 3D sensors and associated data processing libraries
• Robotics toolkits similar to ROS, and interfacing them to PLCs (Allen Bradley, Siemens) or other controllers.
• Linux with real-time extensions
• While this position is primarily based in a professional office environment, travel to yards and rigs is essential and required.
o 25% travel is expected
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs
Nabors is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.