Skills: Piping Engineer
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
WorleyParsons is looking for a Principal Piping Designer to join our Oil and Gas project delivery operation based Aberdeen.
You will join the Piping and Plant Layout Department which provides concept, FEED and detailed design services for both onshore and offshore Oil & Gas facilities. Engineering positions involve the layout, material specification, stress analysis, requisition of piping bulk materials and comprehensive analysis of piping designs to ensure inherently safe systems. Design positions involve equipment modelling, piping layout and pipe support design within a 3D environment, including drafting and calculation of bulk quantities and weights.
Your skills and expertise will be utilised across a range of domestic and international projects, starting in the bid phase, continuing through to award, start up and execution.
- Prepare Plant Layout and Piping drawings and design deliverables to the required technical quality with minimum input from engineering personnel.
- Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with the Change Control Process.
- Maintain DO planning control on all scopes for a given Asset.
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant Standards and procedures.
- Ensure, as far as practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with the agreed budget and schedule.
- Review and check work output of discipline assigned personnel as required.
- Prepare DO estimates and schedules and assist in their review.
- Commitment to and promotion of WorleyParsons values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures.