Our Aberdeen based client is recruiting for an Operational Safety Specialist on a contract basis.
- Accountable for providing expert discipline support directly to the business (whether facility, project, well or function); including legal & CF assurance, training, ALARP studies, Risk Assessments, data review & analysis, response planning & support (exercise & incidents), incident investigations, HAZIDs, HSE planning, Investigations, etc.
- Roles will cover several areas of Operational Safety: Control of Work, CSE, Working at Height, Lifting. Human Factors & Behavioural Safety.
- Technical coaching of HSE Leads to build skillpool competence; plus, direct training of line in discipline Standards & Processes
- Reviews and maintains procedures, training and auditing requirements for topics of responsibility
- Supports delivery of audit plan as required
- Supports delivering of incident investigations
- Act as Contract Holder for selected operational safety contracts.
- Engages with Regulators (& industry) over interpretation & consultation; learning from others.
- Local custodian for (some of) CSSS & CF Personal Safety Manuals and equivalent regulations; ensuring the content in the HSSE-MS is current.
- Supports regulatory learning processes including connecting learning between facilities., reviewing and identifying trends and common threads.
- Meets the company Operational HSSE competence profile (Practitioner)
- Degree qualified and/or Professional qualification in the relevant field, or with line experience and qualifications
- Knowledge and understanding of UK Legislative framework preferred.
- Will require periodic offshore/site travel