Skills: Petroleum Engineering, Reservoir Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Doha, Doha, Qatar
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This position reports directly to the RMS or OME Team Lead
In charge of resuming or accelerating the development of the Mauddud, Khatiyah and Hith reservoirs by studying, maturing and proposing for validation the drilling of new wells from existing or future slots.
Accountable for proposing a development plan that guaranties the optimum oil production profiles and the best long term oil recovery.
- Building sector and fulfilled dynamic models
- Undertake the most appropriate studies to define the optimum development schemes with associated reserves and production profiles.
- Steer, from the reservoir aspect, reservoir development and production operations and, in particular, adapt them to the geological reality.
- Provide technical guarantees of the choices made for the recovery processes envisaged and the most reliable reservoir descriptions.
- Provide technical diagnostic on well behaviors (reservoir management)
- Provide technical recommendation for possible workover
- Provide technical presentations to shareholders.
- Make sure HSE policy is well followed and understood within the team and with every activity /operation required by the Asset
- Contribute to the day-to-day well performance monitoring, well test requirement, well potential update
- Analyse and validate reservoir data (static and dynamic) on which reservoir assessments are based.
- Contribute to building the static and dynamic models by iterations with the Geologist and the Geophysicist to end up with history matched sector and possibly full reservoir dynamic models
- Contribute to the definition of reservoir data acquisitions (well tests, logs, fluids, cores), required to characterize and predict reservoir behavior and ensure their interpretation and integration in a consistent overall picture.
- Integrate the data from existing production, new development and appraisal wells into the models
- Contribute to the development strategy of the reservoir.
- Rank and combine uncertainties and implement the necessary studies (Experimental design).
- Contribute to the field monitoring activities (test programmes...), recommend actions for optimizing production.
- Identify opportunities and reservoir development risks and their mitigation plans.
- Ensure lateral communication with operations entities (operations geology, process...).
- Contribute to the development of external communications within the reservoir community.
- Participate to the knowledge sharing to the reservoir engineering community.
- More than 5 years of experience required. International experience in a multi-nationality team is recommended
- Must hold an MSc in Petroleum / reservoir Engineering
- Fluent in English (spoken, written)
- Good experience in Carbonates reservoirs would be highly valuable
- Experience on reservoir dynamic modeling (Eclipse) and model history matching is a required
- Exposure to reservoir management and field monitoring is required
- Working experience in an operated asset/subsidiary
- Good communication skills
- Team player, persuasive, open minded, hard worker, delivery orientated
- Previous working experience in the middle East would be a plus
- HSE trainings