The Reliability Engineer is the focal point for issues regarding availability and reliability of plant systems for the deepwater facilities, with the responsibility and authority to drive the Reliability and Availability in the facility by effective reliability management to achieve the business objectives. The incumbent executes activities related to equipment strategy optimization, defect elimination/Reliability Improvement, root cause analysis and enhance problem-solving capability thereby reducing facility deferment and Integrity incidents.
He/she uses Reliability Engineering tools, failure analysis tools, FMEA, Risk & Reliability Management, and Reliability database to sustain, improve and restore the asset's Reliability and Technical Integrity. The incumbent participates in operation reliability improvement process and interfaces with all functions within the company to ensure delivery of Reliability Improvement and Technical Integrity within budget and in accordance with the best practices and HSSE standards to meet business targets.
The reliability engineer position is to be based in KK, on 5d/week work basis, though occasionally will be required
to travel to offshore. Current Sabah Deep Water assets comprise of offshore fields; Gumusut Kakap and Malikai. The reliability engineer will be focusing on Malikai asset but might require to attend Gumusut-Kakap as when needed basis
In a nutshell, the reliability engineer provides day to day and long term focus on operational performance and asset reliability executing activities ranging from optimization of operating an maintenance practices and processes, to reviews of equipment performance, equipment care plan, identification of improvement opportunities and development of sustainable solutions to asset problems.
Hence, he/she must have the ability to effectively work with peers in the Maintenance & Execution function, Operations, Production Services for proper planning and delivery of SMEP business targets. Such Team includes:
- Maintenance services and extended team - Direct line and functional team.
- Maintenance/Engineering Leadership and extended ME Team - MELT Leadership team, Central and Local team discipline engineers, Planners and Execution engineers.
- Operations Engineers/Site Analysts/Offshore operations - Offshore OIM/work supervisor and OT communities•
- Hydrocarbon Planning Integrated Management(HPIM) - Production Planning team, Short Term, and Planning & Performance
Specific Tasks and Targets:
- HSSE: To act always in accordance with the Policy on Health, Safety, and Environment and proactively manage all reliability and Integrity activities accordingly. Ensure the competence of Shell and Contractor staffs in this area.
- Reliability and Availability Improvement: Partake in Reliability Improvement with bad actor identification, repeated defect elimination via facilitating RCA or Causal Learning analysis and develop improvement action list. Establish/Update maintenance & integrity data in CMMS; this includes Asset Register, PM programmes with material and services and schedules.
- Manage Threats & Opportunities: Process facilitator for Sabah MTO(MLK Asset Specific) by providing support for the offshore and onshore support team. Facilitate and own MTO process by ensuring the MTO process implemented throughout Sabah Deepwater Asset including threat(reactive/proactive) and opportunities. Keep track all KPI related to MTO including Offshore VMB board, outstanding MTO threat and other related MTO KPI's.
- Reliability Tracking: Ensure day-to-day issue capture in reliability Databased for reliability improvement. Cascade bad actor and unsolved issue to maintenance/engineering team. Track plant/system/equipment uptime & downtime, MTBF, MTTR and highlight anomalies to responsible party. Provide reliability figure to operation and maintenance team whenever required.
- Deferment Analysis: Track daily unscheduled deferment issue and ensure capture the issue in deferment analysis database and reliability database. Prepare monthly deferment analysis to ensure bad actor address accordingly. Compare system uptime and system deferment for reliability improvement.
- Reliability Reporting: Prepare monthly reliability report and highlight leading and lagging KPI for asset beneficial. Ensure key input for Technical Committee Meeting(TCM) and Integrated Operation Meeting(IOM). Represent reliability for Interface Operation Meeting with partners monthly.
- Integrity Assurance: Work with Technical Authorities TA on critical data for safety critical element/ equipment; identification and Performance Standard review. Assist Reliability Technician/CMMS team on data upload to CMMS.
- Management of Change: Initiate and progress any changes (PM routines, procedural/process changes, etc.) in MOC for appropriate technical review and approval before actual changes in the system.
- Defect Elimination: Facilitate Root Cause Analysis or Causal Learning Process for defect elimination and provide full support for Reliability improvement process. Provide coaching within and outside the Reliability team. Mobilize to offshore for investigation if required.
- Compliance Audit and Assurance: Participate in maintenance and integrity compliance audits and Reliability benchmarking. Partake in production forecast by providing benchmarking and past year performance analysis.
- Maintenance KPIs: monitor and reporting of KPIs, bad actors and threats to Reliability that drive improvement in availability, reliability, deferment, and Integrity. Participate in benchmarking exercise. Prepare performance report.
- Spare/Material Management: Facilitate review on critical spares, min/max inventory levels, Material Master coding and support on the list of materials created and upload into CMMS
- Competent in Reliability: Compliance with mandatory and/or developmental training plans. Provide coaching to staff within the team and operations and maintenance.
Key Challenges: The position will require close co-operation and coordination with other key responsible parties (project team, Technical authorities and Operations, and maintenance support team) within and across the assets to deliver:
- Reliability and Availability Improvements based on Manage Equipment Care(MEC) & Manage Threat & Availability(MTO) processes.
- Improved equipment performance:
- Timely delivery and completion of maintenance strategies from CAPEX and OPEX projects- Daily surveillance capability (PI) to interpret data and provide uptime/downtime equipment/system.
- Challenges include working with Project Engineering, Maintenance and Operations personnel, leading small multi-discipline teams on improvement initiatives, providing support to multidiscipline operations personnel across SMEP and obtaining "buy-in" for new improvements.
Shell is a global leader in power, energy, and gas technology and is working to meet increasing energy demand and supply challenges by delivering smarter products and cleaner energy, infrastructure, and by developing new energy sources while addressing the impact on the environment. Malaysia is one of Shell's heartlands. The history of Royal Dutch Shell in Malaysia started more than 125 years. Today, Shell maintains a strong multi-faceted presence in the country through our longer-term investments, innovation-sharing, and impact to local communities. We helped pioneer Malaysia's oil and gas industry and fuelled its growth. We discovered Malaysia's first oil onshore, then took the industry offshore, and most recently into the technically-challenging depths of Deepwater. Shell's strong retail network fuels the journeys of millions of Malaysian motorists every day. In fact, Shell is even able to offer one of the most differentiated fuel and lubricant products, some of which were pioneered right here in the country. We fuelled the ambitions of Malaysians: whether the generations of retail business partners; thousands of Shell scholars over the years; young entrepreneurs from our LiveWire programme; or Shell staff and alumni who are Malaysian luminaries today. Shell continues to be one of the top employers in Malaysia with thousands employed in our upstream, midstream and downstream businesses, as well as in our service and support functions.Requirements
- A Degree in any Engineering disciplines with more than 3 years of relevant working experience in Oil and Gas/energy Industry environment may also apply.
- 3 years (or more) experience working or supporting frontline production operations/maintenance multi-disciplined work execution is an advantage.
- Knowledge of EP operations, process management and Production and Maintenance Operations•
- Working knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), is preferred
- Good knowledge of reliability and integrity management & analysis(MTO, RCA, MEC etc)
- Good knowledge in HSSE, maintenance, and inspection management system, reliability management, technical integrity, quality insurance, and risk management.
- Good knowledge of data acquisition and data management systems
- Good knowledge of offshore platform operation & maintenance.
- Awareness of International Standards and Shell DEPs
- Good analytical and planning skills
- Good communication and people skills.
- Computer and report writing skills are a must
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.